• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

pneumothorax and lattice degeneration

VBCHAE2

I have been a member for quite a while but have yet to make any posts on the site. Anyway, I know that there may be a member who can answer my question about my current situation. I am a newly frocked 1st class who applied in October 07 and was pro-rec for Pilot/NFO in December 07. This was the highlight of my career until I was npq'd for medical.:icon_rage In Apr 05 I had a spontaneous pneumothorax which I fully recovered from thanks to a chest tube and 3 days bed rest in NMCP. I then had PRK in Nov 05 which corrected my vision to 20/20. When I applied I was aware that I would need a waiver for these conditions and had annotated this in my application and flight physical. Long story short, my CO received a letter saying I was npq'd for URL duty due to the pneumothorax and lattice degeneration. :eek: I have no record of lattice degen in my file except for the flight physical and I was never told about the condition, even during my PRK consults and my vision is still 20/20. I have referenced the NAMI guidance and waiver pubs and they hardly mention the lattice degeneration. Does anyone have any experience with this situation or a similar one? Can I apply for a waiver? What are the stats for approval? Help!!! I have been working my entire life to get to this point. There must be a solution to this problem and I know that everyone here can help me find it. Thanks!!!