• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

plebe knowledges and training in USNA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shadowsniper

sir, i would like to know if there's an existing tradition of plebe knowledges in USNA. i hope you can give some insights on what kind of training does the 4cl cadets receive from your academy. thank you and good day.

cindy

Philippines. Was an old US Military R&R center, long since turned back to PI Government, am sure.

shadowsniper

cindy said:
Philippines. Was an old US Military R&R center, long since turned back to PI Government, am sure.
philippines is the first republic in asia when GEn. Emilio Aguinaldo proclaim our independence last June 12, 1898. our army started from the Katipunan revolution.. officialy we traced it from regulars of the revolution.. but USA under McKinley forcibly annexed it under the Treaty of Paris even though the Spain have already been defeated by the Filipino troops and our independence have been proclaimed. that's one of the reason of thr Filipino-American War. One of the casualty of that war is Maj Gen Lawton who was killed in the Battle of San Mateo on December 23, 1899, killed by the tiradores dela muerte (riflemen of death) a unit led by Gen. Licerio Geronimo. many regulars of the Spanish Army joined the army of the infant republic as regular officer.The Philippine Military Academy began with the establishment of the Academia Militar on October 25, 1898 at Malolos, Bulacan by virtue of a decree issued by the first president of the young Philippine republic, General Emilio Aguinaldo. The Academia was a school that awarded its graduates regular commissions in the armed forces. The Academia existed up to 20 January 1899, when hostilities between the Americans and Filipinos erupted.
i hope that clarify your thinking that Philippines is just an R&R center. better read your world history.. to think that you're from the military.. thank you and good day.
http://www.filipino-americans.com/cgi-bin/redirect.cgi?url=filamwar.html
http://www.historyguy.com/PhilipineAmericanwar.html

Red2

E-2 NFO. WTI. DH.
None
shadow,

She wasn't referring to the entire country but to Fort Del Pilar. Given the lengthy occupation of the Phillipines by U.S. forces (1898-1946) it may have been an R&R site before becoming the PMA in 1950. Her intent was not to insult your country but to explain where you are located, given the information in your profile. Flynhi thought you were in the U.S. Army since their bases are also referred to as forts.

Back to your original post. Do you want to know what drill knowledge plebes are required to memorize (example: General Orders, Chain of Command, Current News) or are you interested in what academic subjects they are required to take? I think if you clarified your request some of the current Academy mids and alumni would provide an answer.

For ROTC our 4/c were required to memorize General Orders for a Sentry, Chain of Command, Leadership Traits, Uniform Standards, and basic information on the Navy's warfare communities (Aviation, Surface, Subsurface, Special Warfare). The academic curriculum included military etiquette and the organization of the Navy and Department of Defense in the first semester and the history of the United States Navy in the second semester.

shadowsniper

Red2 said:
shadow,

She wasn't referring to the entire country but to Fort Del Pilar. Given the lengthy occupation of the Phillipines by U.S. forces (1898-1946) it may have been an R&R site before becoming the PMA in 1950. Her intent was not to insult your country but to explain where you are located, given the information in your profile. Flynhi thought you were in the U.S. Army since their bases are also referred to as forts.

Back to your original post. Do you want to know what drill knowledge plebes are required to memorize (example: General Orders, Chain of Command, Current News) or are you interested in what academic subjects they are required to take? I think if you clarified your request some of the current Academy mids and alumni would provide an answer.

For ROTC our 4/c were required to memorize General Orders for a Sentry, Chain of Command, Leadership Traits, Uniform Standards, and basic information on the Navy's warfare communities (Aviation, Surface, Subsurface, Special Warfare). The academic curriculum included military etiquette and the organization of the Navy and Department of Defense in the first semester and the history of the United States Navy in the second semester.

im sorry about the last post.. to make a clarification.. the present site of Fort del Pilar is not part of the previous military R&R, it is located in loakan, baguio city.. the previous site of the academy is Camp Allen, then after world war II the command found out that it was not enough to support the growing population of cadets, thats why they created a new camp named after the boy general of the revolution, BGen. Gregorio del Pilar. PMA is a tri-service academy, it is composed of army cadets, midshipmen, and air force cadets. for additional info im attaching the link to the official website of the PMA. about your question..im interested about the plebe knowledges like (How's the Cow?) and the beast barracks( summer training of the 4cl cadets), what's the role of 3cl cadets on their training.. the 2cl and the 1cl.. are they undergo the same process as their counter in USMA? are they segregated from their upperclass? and what are the factors that have significant impact on their character building as a leader? i will use this for my term paper. thank you and good day..
http://www.pma.ph/

cindy

Shadowsniper. Hi, and welcome to the forum.

I am sorry that I was rude, insensitive and just lazy in my post. My post was intended to clarify that you were in the Phillipines, in Baggio City. I also know that, in/near Baggio City, the US Military operated a R&R Center.

This is not the Naval Academy Forum. This is an unofficial site dedicated to the furtherance of Naval Aviation. We are from High School age, on up. We all are/or wannabe pilots.

Ths Naval Academy site is www.usna.edu. But please feel free to jump in here with any questions or thoughts.

While I am certainly no authority on the USNA, I can and will try to be of assistance to you in your research for you term paper. Please feel free to PM me.

Your questions:

How is the Cow? Never heard but will try to find out.

Beast Barracks. I think they call it Plebe Summer, the 13 week indoc course. Yes, 2nd class and some 1st class are very involved in this evolution.

Army, AirForce, Navy, Coast Guard, and Merchant Marine academies are all separate but very similar programs. There are exchanges, for example, Air Force Academy cadets will spend 6 months at the "Yard" or Naval Academy. I would guess 4 or 5 a year.

The Chief

Retired
Contributor
Well, no and no.The year at the Academy is divided into 4 blocks each 13 weeks long. The summer period is one of these, some of the 13 week period is used preparing for Plebe Summer.

As long as we are counting how many angels can dance on the head of a pin, the "Indoctrination Course" is seven weeks long.

Back to the real world, Baggio City is a very lovely place. I was there for 3 COMSEVENTHFLT scheduling conferences, 1967 and 1968.

usnaxc08

USNA C/O 2008
Plebes rate the following each day:
-Menu for 4 meals (current meal + next 3 meals)
-"The Days" - countdown to specific Academy events (Thanks, Xmas Break, etc.)
-3 Newspaper Articles (national, international, sports)
-Reef Point Knowledge (from plebe summer)
-Professional Knowledge (ships, aircraft, USMC, honor concept, etc)
-The Officer of the Watch (OOW) and Midshipman OOW
-All 4 Stripers and above (M/LCDR, M/CDR, M/CAPT)
-Every person in the company

In addition there is etiquette and honor training. Plebe Summer is an indoctrination into the Navy (how to salute, safety on ships, DC training, sailing, etc)

All the information may be asked by upperclass to plebes, in addition to academic and sports. Makes a challenging environment.

"How's the Cow?" is known as a table salt (in reef points). "What time is it?", "How long have you been in the Navy", and "Why didn't you say sir" are others.

How's the cow: She walks, she talks, she's full of chalk. The lacteal fluid extracted from the female of the bovine species is highly prolific to the nth degree (where n = # of glasses of milk left in the milk carton).

J.M. ADLER
MIDN 4/C, USN

cindy

Thanks Jordan. Know you have lots to do but appreciate taking the time to answer that. I now remember the Cow. Until about 3 years ago USNA ran their own dairy, had lots of cows!

Anyway: Go Navy

Status
Not open for further replies.