• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

PLC then NROTC?

JTB7

I am planning of doing my 2 first years of college in a community college[cheap], possibly state school then transfer to some good school like UC San Diego or Stanford which cost tons of $$$. So, I am wondering if I could do the freshmen and sophomore PLC program, and do last two years of college as NROTC. Is this possible or just plain stupid?

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
If you mean could you do PLC juniors, then apply for an NROTC scholarship, yes. If you're going to NROTC, there's no point in going into PLC in the first place, since NROTC would be your commissioning source. If you aren't sure about staying with PLC, just wait until college is nearly over and go OCC/PLC combined.

SnipeDude

Cleveland Brown Fan
If you are in-state for California and end up at UCSD I would just stay with PLC. I went to an UC and had several friends who just went PLC or dropped ROTC for PLC because Marine Option NROTC takes up a lot of time and the benefit (in-state tuition) is not that great compared to PLC. Also, do a search there was a recent post about the Corps paying back student loans.

UMichfly

pilot
None
Also, do a search there was a recent post about the Corps paying back student loans.

I don't want to rain on your parade but be very careful about choosing your course of action under the assumption that in 4 years the Marine Corps will forgive any student loans you got. In my insanely short career in the military, I have seen plenty of times where policies have changed overnight because manning requirements have changed. If you decide to gamble on getting your student loans repaid, be prepared to shoulder the cost of your student loans in full on the off chance they decide to change their policy back.