• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

PLC, Marine Corps Reserve and Deployability

gdog27

If you are in the Reserve and get contracted for PLC, are you deployable? My told me that if your unit is deployed you can only be deployed if you volunteer to. I think somewhere on here that the rule was changed and that you are now deployable. Does anyone know for certain whether or not you are deployable?

Mustang83

Professional back-seat driver
None
If you are in the Reserve and get contracted for PLC, are you deployable? My told me that if your unit is deployed you can only be deployed if you volunteer to. I think somewhere on here that the rule was changed and that you are now deployable. Does anyone know for certain whether or not you are deployable?

Yes, you are deployable. PLC does not pull you out of your obligations to your unit. However, I know of two Marines who dropped into the IRR when the got into PLC which made them un-deployable, but if it took them longer than two years to get their commissions, they would be deployable again