• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

PLC Combined

Status
Not open for further replies.

John F.

Anyone trying for PLC combined this coming summer? When do the boards begin to meet? Anyone know how many boards there will be? Any statistics on recent selects for PLC? Thanks for the infor.
JPF

EA-6B1

PLC Jrs 1st Inc. Kilo-3
Not officially trying, but will probably be shooting for PLC-Combo sometime this semester. I would like to know when the boards meet? Thanks.

backseater82

If you want to know exactly when the next board meets talk to your OSO. I believe it meets sometime in December but I'm not sure. My PLC combined application was in on this last board and I'm still waiting for the results.

Rob_ERAU

I'm applying for PLC combined for this up-coming summer also. Any of you guys know the score range the USMC is looking for in relation to the ASVAB. I have to take that damn test here pretty soon. John F, I read your ASVAB post. You take it yet?

RyanVR

I am currently trying for PLC-combined for the summer of 2004.

OSO= Captain Kallam out of Kansas City

Currently have a 243 on my first and only pft with a 20:08 on the 3 mile

As for the asvab score---I don't know because i was exempted via ACT score.
Gotta take the ASTB on Sep. 11th though and take my cycloplegic exam same day i believe.

I heard that the board meets in October (makes sense with the fiscal year being Oct. 1st and all) but i'm not sure about that, just what i remember.

I keep reading about people with 10+ references and that makes me sad because i simply don't have that many people that are not "friends or relatives".

Either way.

Ryan Von Rembow
Fayetteville Arkansas

EA-6B1

PLC Jrs 1st Inc. Kilo-3
Originally posted by RyanVR
I am currently trying for PLC-combined for the summer of 2004.

OSO= Captain Kallam out of Kansas City

Currently have a 243 on my first and only pft with a 20:08 on the 3 mile

As for the asvab score---I don't know because i was exempted via ACT score.
Gotta take the ASTB on Sep. 11th though and take my cycloplegic exam same day i believe.

I heard that the board meets in October (makes sense with the fiscal year being Oct. 1st and all) but i'm not sure about that, just what i remember.

I keep reading about people with 10+ references and that makes me sad because i simply don't have that many people that are not "friends or relatives".

Either way.

Ryan Von Rembow
Fayetteville Arkansas

I know what you mean about having all those references. I haven't started to apply yet, but I know I wont have more than 5 or 6 good ones.

topher1235

all you need are a few, i was accepted with 5, just the basic, teacher, major chair person, college(within university) dean, boss, and friend. Substance I think is most important. But then again I didn't sit on the board.

EA-6B1

PLC Jrs 1st Inc. Kilo-3
Alright, I have a question regarding ones TBS notice after completing PLC. In my case, hopefully, I'll be going to PLC Combo this summer, and returning to finish my senior year of college. I'll graduate in May '05 and will probably (if things go like I think they will) get married before I ship to TBS. My question is when do most of the PLC guys get notified of their TBS date? It would be nice to know that I'd have sometime in the summer to get married and honeymoon and all that stuff. I know, this is well into the future, but it's something that's been on my mind. Thanks.

orthaj

EA-6B1
If you are going to be a PLCer you can expect to wait a while after graduation before you report to TBS. More than likely you will find out in June or July after you graduate when your report date for TBS is. If you are an air contract you can almost certainly expect to wait till the fall-after Oct 1, which is when the next fiscal year starts. That is how it has been recently and for a few years back as well, however, there is really no telling you how personnel management by HQ USMC will look in two years. Just keep your OSO informed they will let you know what you need to know.

Status
Not open for further replies.