• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

PLC Air Age Waiver??

Status
Not open for further replies.

F18sPlease

Is it possible to get an age waiver to pick up a PLC Air Contract? If one is not available right now, what have the trends been regarding waivers in the recent past? I did some searches but I did not find anything specific to this question.

I am currently an activated reserve but I am still going to college. Right now I am 25.5, but I have 2.5 years of college left. I will be a smidge over the age limit of 27.5.

Does anybody good info about this?

Thanks

Rainman

pilot
Man I think you're in big trouble. Can you do summer school? I know the Marines have gotten real strict on age for aviators. I'm not for certain. .but . . if there's anyway your expected date can be prior to 27.5 ? Your OSO might know more. I didn't see an official Maradmin or anything like that but was told that anyone that hadn't started the program (not sure if that meant API or commissioned or TBS or what) was not gonna go beyond 27.5. They made some correlation with age and attrition . . .it's too bad.

I think technically prior service makes it possible to get an age waiver ( i got one without it 5 years ago) , but they just aren't accepting. . talk to your OSO and good luck.

F18sPlease

Yeah, that's what I figured. I had talked to an OSO maybe a year ago and they said not past 27.5. I'm going to look one up and ask because it can't hurt to inquire. There is really no way I can get my degree by 27.5. I guess my only alternative is the Navy, maybe. =/

Thanks though.

Rainman

pilot
In the past, the Navy has always been more strict on age. But, with prior military service they will give a waiver; I think it's 24 or 36 months worth. It's in the past couple weeks somewhere on this site. Surely you can find a way to get graduated a little earlier? 19 credits? summer school?

Clux4

Banned
online classes will also speed things up.

I think you have to be at API before your 28th birthday. There is this bullsh!t that you don't grasp things as good when you start getting older.

I will say try other branches.

Oh well

Rainman

pilot
There is no API cutoff that I've ever heard of. It is 27.5 when you get commissioned.

Yeah, the Marine Col I spoke with told me about a study the Corps did about attrition rates and age, family all kinds of stuff. It was ugly for us old guys. Can't argue facts .. I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.