• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Plantar Warts

rashguard

Doc,

Was pro-rec'd SNA. Anticipating OCS class date of APR15.

Have some plantars warts on both feet. Was cleared at MEPS because I didn't have symptoms from them. Also have note from Podiatrist saying since they are not bothering me, it is not worth cutting them out and having potential scar tissue.

Still worried about this haunting me at OCS and at the flight physical, because I heard that they are "disqualifying."
Thanks for your insight.

eas7888

Looking forward to some P-8 action
pilot
Contributor
Doc,

Have some plantars warts on both feet. Was cleared at MEPS because I didn't have symptoms from them. Also have note from Podiatrist saying since they are not bothering me, it is not worth cutting them out and having potential scar tissue.

Still worried about this haunting me at OCS and at the flight physical, because I heard that they are "disqualifying."
Thanks for your insight.

I can't answer your question, but I will say this: It may be something you want to try and take care of before you go. I've had them before, and they can become quite painful if you don't take care of them, especially wearing boots all day long.

djguernsey

Pro-Rec SNA - OCS Class Date 27 May 2012
I heard putting duct tape on them is the cure! sounds smacked but not kidding!

I would think they make a cream for that. They make a cream for everything just about.

Also, duct tape is good for a lot of things, but Gaffer's Tape is better.

djguernsey

Pro-Rec SNA - OCS Class Date 27 May 2012
...what do you know about gaff?

I am a theater techie. We use gaff tape for just about everything (aside from spike/glow tape). I prefer it over duck tape, though not as iconic. Expensive though. Oh, and you can write on it, which is handy. Many "kick me" jokes have been played.

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
I am a theater techie. We use gaff tape for just about everything (aside from spike/glow tape). I prefer it over duck tape, though not as iconic. Expensive though. Oh, and you can write on it, which is handy. Many "kick me" jokes have been played.

Yeah man. I know the value of gaff tape. Funny you mention duct tape- I've worked more than one tour where some of the local houses tried to give us black duct tape because it was cheaper. "Sorry guys, the rider says gaff- cough it up."

KBayDog

Swanee said:
Yeah man. I know the value of gaff tape. Funny you mention duct tape- I've worked more than one tour where some of the local houses tried to give us black duct tape because it was cheaper. "Sorry guys, the rider says gaff- cough it up."

Alright, you two, quit gaffing off the OP's question.

feddoc

Really old guy
Contributor
Doc,

Thanks for your insight.

I think you need your hearing checked....:) As long as you are without symptoms and without pain, don't sweat it. I've never heard 0f those warts being a DQ issue.

AttackCanary

I think you need your hearing checked....:) As long as you are without symptoms and without pain, don't sweat it. I've never heard 0f those warts being a DQ issue.

I know this thread is way old, but can someone confirm that plantar warts aren't a big deal at MEPS? There's a yet-older thread that says they are disqualifying... I've got a couple but don't have any symptoms. Wondering if I should make a trip to the podiatrist before MEPS in January.