• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Place to shoot

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor
Can anyone recommend a place to shoot in Maryland? Preferably in or around Annapolis. I have lived here almost two years, but I haven't found anywhere yet. I have a Mossberg Maverick (cheapo 500 I think) and a G23 and would like to use both. I prefer outdoor, but will go almost anywhere at this point. Thanks.

TheBubba

I Can Has Leadership!
None
On Target, right up the street from the Arundel Mills Mall...

As you are going towards 100 (i think) from the mall, take the right just past the shopping centre across the street from the mall and its in a shopping center up a ways on the left...

Its a pretty cool place to shoot... I think they even offer a military discount.

www.ontargetdot.com

[FONT=verdana,modern]2618 Annapolis Road
Severn Square Shopping Center
[/FONT]

The Chief

Retired
Contributor
Good source/contact in your area is The Armory at 24 Defense St. Just off West street near 301 intersection. Great folks. 410.224.4972. Worth a visit.

Nearest to you; known to me: Maryland Small Arms range in Upper Marlboro 301.599.0800. Handguns only, rental guns. Horrible place. Last time I was there a young chap was using his 357 magnum as a "pointer" as he chatted with his friend who also sported large gold earrings. Scarry place.

Gilberts Indoor Range in Rockville. Rife/pistol allowed including Full Auto's. Bring your own M-16 or rent theirs. Other full auto? they rent the Uzi, HP5, MAC11 and the Thompson 45 sub-machine gun. Down side the range is only 75 feet. Hefty membership fee. Mostly LEO's frequent the range.

I belong to Izaak Walton League in Germantown. Former FMF "DOC" (retired Master Chief) runs the Pistol, Archery, Trap and High Power Rifle range. I am range officer, so can use facilities at will. Pistol is outdoor (covered shooting positions) 7, 15, 25 50 yards. Rifle is 100 and 138 yards. Firing only from a "shack" as the range is in a populated area. Shack has shooting 6 positions. Am due to get my 1911 back together this week, intend to spend half day on the range early next week.

Have used the outdoor range in Warrenton, VA. Is very nice, reasonable. Sometimes long wait time for a position. No hand loaded ammo allowed.

Have heard of a "World Class" outdoor range up near Camp David, near Thurmont. Had directions, went on a field trip but found a trout stream on the way and went fly fishing instead. If interested could resurface the directions.

Hope this helps.