• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Pitching Deck Video

Status
Not open for further replies.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Beer-buying for junior O's, while laudable, means $%^&-all for character. I've drunk rounds from senior O's who I respect to this day, and ones who ended their careers in disgrace, or whom I've later heard some not-so-savory rumors about. Not saying anything about the CO in question, who I've never met. Just sayin'.

Kickflip89

Below Ladder
None
Contributor
Don't know the "carrier" CO, but the XO of -41 in that documentary seems pretty cool with the limited interaction I've had with him.

blackbart22

pilot
MY my how things change. I watched the series and thanked what ever gods there be that I served my twenty when I did. My first cruise was in a four plane AD-5W det on a CVS. We had seven crews (pilot, airborne air controller and tech) and I was the junior pilot, an Ensign. CVSs flew around the clock, fair or foul on a four hour cycle and we flew in a regular rotation. I had as many night traps as the OinC. (A few more night landings since I boltered more) We lost three aircraft during the cruise (and came home with three of the four that we started out with, one NFO turned in his wings after two night ditchings in six weeks, one pilot went home when his wife was in the hospital, and we lost a crew in a midair on the way home. I lived in one of the two forty man bunkrooms, not airconditioned, no dirty neck wardroom, no TV, no internet, no flight deck flood lights, no dropline, etc. Is that series typical of the carrier navy today? Pussification personified.

Status
Not open for further replies.