• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Pissed off farmers....

Treetop Flyer

pilot
Pigs are destructive and breed like crazy. You can hunt them year round, day or night, trap them, or shoot them from a helicopter. I wonder if they made any effort to collect what they shot.

Rocketman

Rockets Up
Contributor
Looks like a pretty good training aid for some of our high speed types.

I'm not much of a hunter but I have hunted feral hogs in Fla and it was a great time. The 4 we shot (using 6.8 SPC chambered AR15's) were bad ass animals. I was glad I was in a tree when I shot mine. That was one pissed off boar hog for the last few min of his life. They will cut you up if they can.

We hunted near Ocala with family (Florida has a terrible problem with feral hogs.) Texas has a bigger problem. In fact there are some guys that hunt them with NVG's and thermal optics about 20 min from Corpus. They call it Tactical Hog Hunting.

http://www.wildriverranchtexas.com./hunting.html

Hog hunting can get exciting. It ain't like shooting deer........

From Wild River Ranch

1.jpg

2.jpg

Boomhower

Shoot, man, it's that dang ol' internet
None
As to the OP's video, that's pretty damn impressive. I've been hunting my whole life and consider myself a pretty good shot, but I doubt I could have made half of the shots that guy was making. Looks like it would be fun to try, though.

I've only been on one dedicated pig hunt with dogs and I learned a hell of a lot from that. Watching a hog tear one of the dogs in half and having to help keep the dogs guts in on the way to the vet with a saddle blanket will tell you not to screw with these animals. The vet sewed the dog up and he was hunting again a month later. Tough animals, dogs (and hogs, I suppose.)

exhelodrvr

pilot
San Clemente Island used to be overrun with wild goats (supposedly the Spanish had left some on the island as a food source for sailors who might be shipwrecked.) They ate virtually all the vegetation. At some point in the 70's, the Navy killed them all, with (I was told) some of the hunting being done from helicopters. (Parts of the island are extremely rugged, and that would have been the only practical way to hunt them.)

exhelodrvr

pilot
As to the OP's video, that's pretty damn impressive. I've been hunting my whole life and consider myself a pretty good shot, but I doubt I could have made half of the shots that guy was making. Looks like it would be fun to try, though.

I've only been on one dedicated pig hunt with dogs and I learned a hell of a lot from that. Watching a hog tear one of the dogs in half and having to help keep the dogs guts in on the way to the vet with a saddle blanket will tell you not to screw with these animals. The vet sewed the dog up and he was hunting again a month later. Tough animals, dogs (and hogs, I suppose.)

Old Yeller!!

Pugs

Back from the range
None
Pigs are destructive and breed like crazy. You can hunt them year round, day or night, trap them, or shoot them from a helicopter. I wonder if they made any effort to collect what they shot.

Word from one of my other groups that knows these guys said they hunt the pigs for about an hour in the am and mark them and spend the rest of the day collecting and butchering and the meat goes to a homeless shelter in Houston.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
San Clemente Island used to be overrun with wild goats (supposedly the Spanish had left some on the island as a food source for sailors who might be shipwrecked.) They ate virtually all the vegetation. At some point in the 70's, the Navy killed them all, with (I was told) some of the hunting being done from helicopters. (Parts of the island are extremely rugged, and that would have been the only practical way to hunt them.)

Can you imagine the goat cookout after? Damn, pass the Texas Pete!

Godspeed

His blood smells like cologne.
pilot
I'd imagine it wouldn't be too difficult... Just bring a handheld GPS with you and mark all the points that you kill em at... Drive around with a truck and collect.

Lawman

None
Word from one of my other groups that knows these guys said they hunt the pigs for about an hour in the am and mark them and spend the rest of the day collecting and butchering and the meat goes to a homeless shelter in Houston.

And Hippies say Violance doesnt solve anything. In this case its solving hunger and an overpopulation of animals.

That is pretty awesome that they donate the meat.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
And Hippies say Violance doesnt solve anything. In this case its solving hunger and an overpopulation of animals.

That is pretty awesome that they donate the meat.
zachary_lodge.jpg

"I hunt quail, Jeremy. They're overpopulated in this region and they're decimating the grubworm population. You got a fucking problem with that?"

Junkball

"I believe in ammunition"
pilot
Looks like a pretty good training aid for some of our high speed types.

We hunted near Ocala with family (Florida has a terrible problem with feral hogs.) Texas has a bigger problem. In fact there are some guys that hunt them with NVG's and thermal optics about 20 min from Corpus. They call it Tactical Hog Hunting.

I hear it gets pretty nuts with wounded hogs running at hunters & such. Some of the dudes on AR15.com go all out, like in the vid above custom AR-15's, NVG's, thermal optics even.