• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Pipeline transfer-Jets to P-3/C-2/E-6

gte544j

I've heard stories about guys getting their wings in the strike pipeline, going to the rag, then having some sort of medical problem that sent them to P-3s, E-6s, or E-2/C-2. Does anyone know if these guys had to go back through Intermediate/Advanced, or if they were sent straight to the FRS?

MasterBates

It would depend on what they are lacking for training.

From Jet to E2C2, you would go to VT-31 for Multi-Engine training and then on VAW-120 for the rag and E2 or C2 training.

e6bflyer

Used to Care
pilot
This has happened several times in the E-6 world, and those who did it went through some very abbreviated multiengine syllabus in Corpus in the C-12 or T-44.

othromas

AEDO livin’ the dream
pilot
A guy in my advanced ground school class selected jets, made it through the entire jet syllabus and did his CQ, but his ACM scores weren't high enough so he's here now for E2C2.

HooverPilot

CODPilot
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
It would depend on what they are lacking for training.

From Jet to E2C2, you would go to VT-31 for Multi-Engine training and then on VAW-120 for the rag and E2 or C2 training.

Not really. I went from S-3's straight to VAW-120 & a buddy who was a Tomcat guy went straight to 120 also.

MasterBates

Hoov, I think it is the centerline thrust vs non-centerline thrust.

Anyways, that's how CNATRA staff explained it to me.. I did a lot of pushing the "I BELIEVE" button that day.

wiseguy04

The Dude abides....
pilot
A guy in my advanced ground school class selected jets, made it through the entire jet syllabus and did his CQ, but his ACM scores weren't high enough so he's here now for E2C2.

I think you're talking about me. I finished the jet syllabus in Kingsville, but my grades were too low in ACM and Weps to wing as a jet guy, but I was already boat-qualled at the time so they let me do a lateral transfer to E2/C2. I'm in Corpus right now, VT-31, and they have me on an ammended syllabus. It's basically the standard E2/C2 syllabus, but I'm only doing about half of the flights. (No x-country. Oh well...) My whole program, including ground school, only takes about 2 and a half months. It's 16 sims and 16 flights, very short. I'll be done in a couple of weeks. PM me if you have any questions.

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
I think you're talking about me. I finished the jet syllabus in Kingsville, but my grades were too low in ACM and Weps to wing as a jet guy, but I was already boat-qualled at the time so they let me do a lateral transfer to E2/C2. I'm in Corpus right now, VT-31, and they have me on an ammended syllabus. It's basically the standard E2/C2 syllabus, but I'm only doing about half of the flights. (No x-country. Oh well...) My whole program, including ground school, only takes about 2 and a half months. It's 16 sims and 16 flights, very short. I'll be done in a couple of weeks. PM me if you have any questions.

You're obviously not the first. I know of an E-2 pilot (went to NROTC with him) and a C-2 pilot who had the exact same issue.

My old Skipper was a Prowler pilot who blew out his sinues at the RAG. Moved him to E2/C2 pipeline, then of course COD's. Winged in 85 and flew with VRC-50, the "Foo Dogs" back in the glory days. He claims it was the best thing that ever happened to him. My guess is it has to do with amount of partying and alcohol that was available with dogs. I've heard some crazy stories about em.

FLY_USMC

pilot
I'm not sure I understand? Did you down a flight in Weps, and then the down in ACM was the straw that broke the camels back? Either way, shame on K-Rock for putting you in the situation that even though you completed, your grades were not high enough to finish. TRW-1 had a Marine do the same thing, dq'd at the boat, re-qual'd, only to find out he had a 33 NSS, not high enough to graduate. He is used as the example of what will NEVER happen again, you WILL attrite before they allow you to finish not high enough and then the "now what" comes along. Good on the Navy for sending you E2/C2, the devil dog I know of sat in Stucon just under a 1/4 of a century till his 4 years cames up, and then he got out, bummer.

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
Good on the Navy for sending you E2/C2, the devil dog I know of sat in Stucon just under a 1/4 of a century till his 4 years cames up, and then he got out, bummer.

Wait a minute...he sat in Stucon as a stash for 2 years???? Shame on the Corps. What a waste.

FLY_USMC

pilot
No, he sat in stucon for about 8 months, since that's all he had until his 4 years was up and he could get out. Good on the Marine Corps for not spending money on another 6 months of schooling, only so the individual can get out 2 months later. 2 years? Hell, the majority of the Marines here hit 2 years even PRIOR to checking in, let alone completely finished and qual'd at the boat.

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
How often is this scenario happening? It seems odd to me that you can graduate from Jets and yet get sent to a prop unit. Shouldn't the ACM and Wep min scores for fighters be the min graduation scores?

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
How often is this scenario happening? It seems odd to me that you can graduate from Jets and yet get sent to a prop unit. Shouldn't the ACM and Wep min scores for fighters be the min graduation scores?

I have no percentages but I would imagine it's not that common...thus...why we hear about it.....becomes a big deal. It happens though and thats life. Not everyone was meant to be a strike or jet pilot. Sometimes, it isn't until the end of training when we know