• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Pilot Slot Cycles?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DairyCreamer

Hi all,

I was wondering if those of you out there had an idea on how much, and on what timeframe pilot slots cycle through the full/not-so-full phases?

I've got 1.5 years till I graduate myself (not in ROTC, just going for OCS). I wonder if there will be pilot slots open when the time comes to send in my package. Thanks!

~Nate

ghost_ttu

look into BDCP. Do a search on this board. You can go ahead and submit. Best of luck.

Eliminate distractions, focus on your goals and visualize what you hope to accomplish.

DairyCreamer

Unfortunately, my GPA is not sufficient to apply for that program. This, of course, also does not bode well for my chances to become a pilot in the future anyway. Luckily I have a very strong degree (Chemical Engineering), and my grades have been improving slowly through my academic career. We'll see what happens I suppose. Thanks for the help though!

~Nate

jaerose

Well, all you can do is try your best to get as close to a 4.0 the rest of your career and pull it up...improvement over the course of college counts big. Also, if you read around on the forum...those guys/gals who thought, 'I'll wait 'til I graduate then apply' are the ones complaining the most about no spots...because it's competitive enough to require a wait. I applied and got in almost 3 years ago...so I'd apply early and often. If you wait until later then apply, you might get a spot...but the odds are that it'll be about 1-2 year wait.

Best of Luck,
JR

airgreg

low bypass axial-flow turbofan with AB driver
pilot
Dairy,
Overall US military recruitment is a function of the economy and national crises. While the economy looks likes it's accelerating, this war on terror and the related call to duty might be around for a while. Or not. Nobody really knows.

The best advice is to make your application package as good as you can and to "apply early and often" as jaerose said. Also, I remember someone telling me that you had to be in pretty tight with Dubya to get a pilot slot. A couple weeks later I got accepted for OCS (not BDCP). Don't believe all the doomsday talk because the situation is always changing. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.