• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Pilot retires after flying in four branches

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
what else is cool is that he kept his wings of gold on there despite being in an AF uniform

We used to run into the AF MC-12 guys over at Key Field when I was in Meridian, and there were a couple of them sporting wings of gold. Good conversation starter as we were all waiting around in the pilot lounge for gas.

Cool story, that guy sounds pretty legit

Catmando

Keep your knots up.
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Good for him.

In the early '80s I met a young Navy LT who had more chest candy than I had ever seen, especially for his age and rank. He had most all of them except for the MOH! So I thought he was a poser.

Then I learned before becoming a Naval Aviator, in his previous life he had been an Army helo pilot in Vietnam, and had been shot down three different times and wounded, among many other amazing things. I would have never guessed.

Saw him again this past summer, and we both laughed again about my mistake.

RobLyman

- hawk Pilot
pilot
None
We had a former Army Cobra pilot in one of my HSL squadrons. He was loaded up with chest candy and a damn good pilot too (of course). Could have been the same guy, but the guy I knew looked a bit older than us young bucks. (Ha! He looked about as old as I am now!)

From my experience, the transition from Navy to Army is wierd enough. I imagine the Air Force would be equally as strange. And the Marines? Probably best he did that first!

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
So, I guess he started out a Marine, then went Navy, then flew in the Guard and finally the ANG? Wish the reporter had a bit more detail on this guy's career. Sounds like it's a heck of a story.

badger16

None
Great story! Since I was there today, the one thing I kept thinking though the whole read, was how much this guy has spent at the uniform shop...Good GOD!:icon_tong