• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Pilot Midair Heart Attack

ARAMP1

Aviator Extraordinaire
pilot
None
You know what they say..."when it's your time to go, it's your time to go." But, what happens when it's your pilot's time to go?

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
So United is hiring?
You are an ass. I imagine you would also be one of the passengers complaining about a delay since they landed at a different airport. JOPA complains about backstabbing and taking advantage of misfortune of others by hinges. Guess you are ready for your promotion then. Your taste in humor is very poor and I don't mind calling you on it.

Sad that we have lost pilots this week both in the military and here on the civilian front.

Prayers to their families.

John

xj220

Will fly for food.
pilot
Contributor
I read an article about how some think we should change the retirement age back to 60. I think that's completely flawed since I've known people who had heart attacks or worse in their 30s, too. It did talk about screening more for heart disease. An interesting fact was that there's been five pilot deaths in air since 1994. I don't know if that's just commercial or GA, too.

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
A
You are an ass. I imagine you would also be one of the passengers complaining about a delay since they landed at a different airport. JOPA complains about backstabbing and taking advantage of misfortune of others by hinges. Guess you are ready for your promotion then. Your taste in humor is very poor and I don't mind calling you on it.

Sad that we have lost pilots this week both in the military and here on the civilian front.

John
Apparently dark humor is lost in some...not all of us deal with bad news the same way...I feel bad for the dude and his family, but I don't think reposting "Hugs and prayers" really means shit to anyone...if I wad one up you can feel free to return the favor...
Pickle

FlyBoyd

Out to Pasture
pilot

John
It's a pretty standard dark joke around the places you are trying to go work. The running joke is...

Q: What do you do if the pilot has a heart attack in flight?
A: That depends...is he senior to me?

This isn't the Navy. Pickle's joke is a common one.

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Oh I understand all about dark humor in our line of work. There have been a lot of deaths lately among the pilot ranks lately in both military and the civilian world. I have seen more than my share of great guys and gals that won't be returning home. And the stress of having to work around the wreckage and still get the job done.

You have people on here that may have known the people in question.

I stand by it. The post is in very bad taste and form. Especially when here you have a much wider audience with such callous comments, vice in ready room with just you and a couple friends.

And pickle, you have no class for not apologizing about your remark. I honestly don't expect anything better out of you. You are a glass half empty, bitter P3 second tour JO, even though tons of people have helped you throughout your career. And I would never wish on anyone that "they wad it up", especially training new pilots in the VTs.

Some people have character and class. I know that you don't. My opinion and commentary on your post. You had nothing constructive to say, so why even post?

Heart felt condolences to those that we have lost recently and their families that are trying to make it through this trying period.

John

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
John,
I apologize when I believe I did something wrong. I don't, so I won't.

Your characterization of me is a bit off as well, but that is about par for the course around here.

I think you mistake my bitterness at your mishandling if this site and your sellout to the "company line" for a quick buck as bitterness at the Navy.

I love the fucking Navy. Don't believe me? Come look at my logbook. Still don't believe me? Fine. But learn to harden the fuck up and take a joke. Pilot humor has always been dark humor, and someone always knows someone who died.

I know you are sweating the funding you may lose from your USAA ads because somebody made a remark in public on your precious site that may be offensive, but I'm not going to change just because this place has.

To my comment: it was a comment on the competitiveness I see to get hired on by the airlines (something I see being surrounded by "glass half empty, bitter, P-3 second tour JO's")

I know I didn't make the golden path, but that doesn't mean I hate the Navy. Nor have I disparaged the people that have helped me, nor have I ever blamed anyone but me for the bad days I have had. If you can wade through your self-righteous indignation and the ads I paid not to see here you can re-read my posts here and see that.

Pickle

croakerfish

pilot
f8a.gif

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Pickle,

Hey, that's great, you are welcome to your opinion, and you know what? So am I.

Since you feel that you need an answer on some other items you feel "bitter" about. More than 14 years running this site, I post updates on the forum software when I am making changes and updates, and a timeline when I think I can have things fixed. I was overseas on an ipad for the majority of the last two months, and I made the comment that I reverted some of the modified code and the wings beneath user names and ads would be up temporarily until I was able to fix it. Ad income pays for the server and software, and won't be making me rich anytime soon. Last year's tax return, I made just slightly more after taxes what I made in one week as an O4. Like I said, not going to quit my day job anytime soon. You can put away your "jump to conclusions mat". Not really concerned about any content and their impact on any ad campaigns except WAREZ, hacking and p0rn on the site. Mostly concerned there for the NSFW aspect of people running afoul of NMCI at work. Once again, no ones posts are getting edited or deleted. You want to keep sniping at me and this website, fine, that is your opinion and you are welcome to it, regardless of the time I take to post my thoughts or the background from my side on the mechanics of running this website with a wide variety of individuals visiting that have different intentions, motivations and agendas.

But, back to the post at hand, I addressed your off topic remarks.

To summarize. You think it's cool and within the bounds of Dark Humor to make fun of, and light of the fact that a fellow Pilot died. To you, that is acceptable behavior. And that no apology is necessary. Got it loud and clear, perfectly crystal that you deal with that loss by bringing "dark humor" to a thread and making fun of the fact that a fellow Pilot died on a public forum, where google search can find it, a family member/friend/relative in grief may visit and read it. Quite a few times we have had friends and family members post afterwards saying their thanks at a post on here (even if it was just a "well wishes post"). You have been around the forum long enough to see those, and the extent we have gone to as an online community to reach out to a member's family after we lost him.

You can call that "self-righteous indignation", since in your mindset I am not allowed to have an opinion or a viewpoint, automatically mine is assumed to be invalidated as part of the company line (oh yeah, I retired last year, not much company line here or on the golden path either, but guess that doesn't matter, facts rarely do). But of course your opinion and posts have no motive, do they?

I'll stick by my posts, your comment was inappropriate. My OPINION, you have no class, you can do better, and I think you should apologize for your insensitive post.

John