• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Pilot Lands On Golf Course....Son Late To Tennis Lesson

Should The Pilot Lose His License

• Yank his license!...what idiot lands on a golf course when it is not an emergency.

Votes: 69 77.5%
  • Let him keep it...noone was golfing anyway.

Votes: 20 22.5%

• Total voters
The thread title made me think of this picture:

aircraft-carrier-with-golf-course.jpg

xj220

Will fly for food.
pilot
Contributor
Now how does it work with seaplanes? What kind of bodies of water are they limited too or what kind of restrictions are placed on them?

Jake E

Now how does it work with seaplanes? What kind of bodies of water are they limited too or what kind of restrictions are placed on them?

I'm to lazy to look up the exact reg., but basically a seaplane can land on any body of water that allows motorboats and does not specifically prohibit seaplanes.

As to the guy who landed on the golf course his problems are probably going to lie with landing on private property without permission and proximity to Class B airspace (who knows what he told ATC if he was talking to them at all, mode C, etc.) If he was in Class E/G landing on public land (that doesn't prohibit it) or private fields/golf courses/etc. with permission it would be a non-issue.

Jake E

Definite below in headwork for not claiming the fuel leak caused him to land (or electrical gremlins, UFOs, "crew comfort condition No.2, etc...)...and oh look, there's the tennis court...while we're here, why don't you just run over to your lesson there, junior.

Agreed... Could've used a lesson in quick thinking!

MattWSU

pilot
Contributor
Somewhat off topic - That airspace thing is great. That had to take some time to put together.

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
His plane was also properly equipped for an off field landing, except for leaking fuel, which seems to me to be just a technicality used to hammer this guy. I would have to also surmise that he makes unimproved landings often to have confidence to do this. Perhaps he even keeps the plane at his house, for we all know that the drive to the airport and preflight time takes a huge amount of time, which didn't seem to be a problem for this guy.

I'd venture a guess that even if this guy was the bushpilot of bushpilots, the Golf Course isn't keen on becoming his drop-off spot for his kid (unless they could figure out a way to charge a green fee).

KBayDog

I think this was all just a publicity stunt performed by Ernie's Towing Service.

Ernie's Towing in nearby Vernon Hills used a flatbed trailer with a crane attached to it to tow the plane to their yard, where the plane was impounded for police...Kadera was at Ernie's Towing Service in Vernon Hills on Monday afternoon, replacing the plane's skis with tires.

"Does your car have a flat tire? Is your RV broken down? Did you have to land your plane at a golf course because your son was late for a tennis lesson? The next time you are in the Linconshire/Vernon Hills area, call Ernie's Towing Service for all your towing needs."

whitesoxnation

pilot
Contributor
LOL I've golfed there a couple times, and the Marriott's resteraunt there is really good. I wouldn't care except that its under O'Hare's airspace, and Palwaukee/Chicago Executive is just south of there (really busy corporate airport) and Waukegan just to the north.