• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Pickup Lacrosse in San Diego

PhrogLoop

Adulting is hard
pilot
This Saturday morning 09-11 at the turf field behind the Adm Prout Field House/Pool on 32nd St Dry Side. Be there! So far about 10 guys are interested and we're hoping to make this a weekly thing. If it grows and we get some regulars, we might even try to put together a team to play in one of the adult leagues springing up. Bring your pads, gloves, helmets and crosses!

helolumpy

Apprentice School Principal
pilot
Contributor
While I'm on the East Coast now, I used to play for the Beachcomber team. Don't know if they still have a team, but it was always a good 'post game drink-ex'.

PhrogLoop

Adulting is hard
pilot
Yeah, one of the guys playing this weekend is on that squad. They beat Quicksilver last week. I think I'm going to try to play for them next season because sponsorship by a pretty decent bar is quite a perk.

C420sailor

Former Rhino Bro
pilot
It's too bad they don't have one in VA Beach. I tried to find some dudes to play last year, but no such luck.

Echo24

I'm Pilot.
pilot
I'm (hoping) and looking forward to getting out to SD after I commission and get through flight school. A couple of years out, but glad to see we have some lacrosse players on the western shore. I'm from Jersey myself, (no comments!) so its nice to see.

PhrogLoop

Adulting is hard
pilot
The more the merrier! West Coast lax is still in its infancy compared to the East Coast (I'm from NY) but there is a legit scene here. Apparently this year there are going to be adult indoor leages as well as the field leagues that have been around for a minute. As for using the NBSD field for pickup games, I'm sure it will only be a matter of time before some a-hole complains and gets us booted, but we'd rather ask for forgiveness than permission.

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
If you're looking for an Obscure Sports Quarterly endeavor, there's also a legit Australian Rules Football league in SD/SoCal. Beginners welcome. PM me if interested.

Echo24

I'm Pilot.
pilot
Well if you guys are around next week you can catch some MCLA Lacrosse action as the Southwest playoffs are in SD. ASU, Chapman, University of Arizona (who I play for), and UC Santa Barbra will be there all playing for a bid to the National Championships in SC.

PhrogLoop

Adulting is hard
pilot
Nice! I watched ASU beat SD State early in the season and they looked pretty good. I'll try to make it. What's your jersey number?

PhrogLoop

Adulting is hard
pilot
Nice win over LMU! I am planning to check out your next game Friday night; the field is about 3 miles from my place.

Echo24

I'm Pilot.
pilot
Nice win over LMU! I am planning to check out your next game Friday night; the field is about 3 miles from my place.

Big win last night, it got a little too close for comfort at the end. I am #24 at mid, well be playing #3 ranked chapman sometime next week. Not sure of the exact dates, but its all on the MCLA website.

bbf7b2

pilot
I think it's awesome you guys are playing pickup lax out here. Of all the sports I've never really played, Lacrosse is the one I wish I'd played the most, but it shares a season with baseball which pretty much ruled it out. I still can't figure out how it's not more popular, it has pretty much everything that Americans like in a sport.

PhrogLoop

Adulting is hard
pilot
Agreed. Lax is officially America's fastest growing sport, but one of its drawbacks is the expense of getting started. Took me about 8 weeks to collect all my equipment and spent about 200 total on Craigslist/play it again sports but i easily would have spent over 600 in stores.