• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Picked up another new FIREARM!!! Its about time for another thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RevnR6

Getting Closer and Closer by the minute
Well here she is. A brand spankin new H&K P2000 .40 Cal SA/DA with 2/12-round mags. This is a wonderful pistol. About 200 rounds through it so far. She shoots every type of ammo I have tried without a single hitch. Recoil is about right for a 4 incher. Very accurate, I had no problem putting close groups together at 10 and 15 yards. Another cool feature is that it has a little locking mechanism inside the mag well that has a key you turn to lock up the weapon. Once again GREAT pistol, well featured, very accurate, and great shooting. Also pictured is a galco holster. This holster makes the H&K concealable. Very difficult to tell that I am carrying a pistol while wearing this holster.

Attachments

• DSCF0600.JPG
    DSCF0600.JPG
    464.2 KB · Views: 255
  • DSCF0601.JPG
    DSCF0601.JPG
    438.1 KB · Views: 232
  • DSCF0603.JPG
    DSCF0603.JPG
    455.1 KB · Views: 369

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
RevnR6 said:
Another cool feature is that it has a little locking mechanism inside the mag well that has a key you turn to lock up the weapon.

*sigh* I would ask HK for one without that feature. I'm a responsible adult. I don't need faux "safety features" like that to take care of my firearms. God I hate that PC crap.

Nice pistol by the way. Glad you like it.

RevnR6

Getting Closer and Closer by the minute
Fly Navy said:
*sigh* I would ask HK for one without that feature. I'm a responsible adult. I don't need faux "safety features" like that to take care of my firearms. God I hate that PC crap.

Nice pistol by the way. Glad you like it.

Ohh I am super safe too, but I actually didnt even see it until I read the manual. It is not even a factor. You would never care that it was on there if yours had it. Anyways, thanks for getting all negative in my new pistol thread :icon_rage ... LOL just messin with ya :icon_tong :D

Cyclic

Behold the Big Iron
I think I'll look into that one for a .40, I love how the HK's look and shoot but I don't like the grip on the USP, it's a little too norrow for my hand, after 50 rounds or so it starts digging into plam and starts feeling uncomfortable. A handle wrap helps but still, doesn't feel right...it upsets me 'cause they are awesome handguns, is the grip on this one thicker??

I have a Beretta 92 Vertech 9mm, and the handle is perfect for me, great pistol, big improvement from the classic 92 model.

92FS_Vertec_S_maxi.jpg

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Cyclic said:
I think I'll look into that one for a .40, I love how the HK's look and shoot but I don't like the grip

Suggestion: you might also consider and try a Walther P99 in .40 S&W. Great controls, easy field strip. Possibly the best "custom" grip around with interchangeable ergonomic grip panels -- one man's opinion. As a variation --- .357 SIG barrels are available from BarSto in 29 Palms --- they and the factory Walther magazines work flawlessly with that caliber. I would stay away from it's cousin, the S&W S99, however -- a poor copy and bad reviews.

One test I saw with several types of ammunition had the Walther P99 .40 coming in at 2.65 inches @ 25 yards bench rest while a USPC .40 LEM came in @ 3.53 inches. Hmmmmm ..... did someone say the USP was "twice as accurate" as a P99 ???

waltherp99.jpg

VetteMuscle427

is out to lunch.
None
OK, question related to HK's and the P99.... the light rail... the grooves don't make it all the way to the front end of the frame... how do you slide a light on there?

Lawman

None
VetteMuscle427 said:
OK, question related to HK's and the P99.... the light rail... the grooves don't make it all the way to the front end of the frame... how do you slide a light on there?

H&K was the actually the first gun on the market with a light rail. Now everybody and thier brother copied the USP but made the light rail "Glock Compatable" meaning that a surefire M3 will work with almost anything. The USP and P2000 actually has a specialized Utility Light from H&K or you can go buy an adaptor for a surefire, I dont know if anybody has tried to dremel one. And Im not gonna be the guy that volunteers.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
VetteMuscle427 said:

I don't know ... I got the P99 for uses other than with a light. Try this site:

http://www.nightvisionsales.com/product_info.php/products_id/1302

22101lg.jpg
Laser Devices Las/Tac 2 Xenon Light Walther P99 ...... list: $129

LAS/TAC 2 (Tactical Light System) for pistols with standard accessory rails including HK P200US, New Walther P99, Glock 17, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 31, 32, 34 & 35, Smith & Wesson 99 and TSW Series, New CZ TT, Taurus 24/7, STI Duty One & Tactical, Steyr M-A1, High Standard.

Status
Not open for further replies.