• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Personal carry

Banjo33

AV-8 Type
pilot
I talked to the guy at Vick's and he referred me to a website that they order from. However, the G26 was going to run $525'ish. The LE rate with transfer would be about $460, but EVERY Glock dealer I've asked about Blue Label guns (including them) have replied "what are those?"

Im not going to be able to get the 26 like I want, so I think I've narrowed it down to: LC9, SR9C, and P9...in that order. Now the search begins for one of these!

acwildcat

pilot
How many rounds does it carry, 6 or 7 + 1? Is it double action only? I ask as I'm thinking about getting the wife one. The PX4sc is a little large for her so I was thinking something smaller.

It holds 7+1 and is double action only.

Banjo33

AV-8 Type
pilot
If you do decide to go with a Glock, Vick's Jewelry and Pawn down on Frontage can get them for you new at basically the LE rate even though they're not listed as one of Glock's discounted rate dealers. Meaning: $398.20 + Tax/Transfer.

I must have talked to the wrong guy, because I found out today that two guys in my squadron bought Blue Label Glocks from them within the last couple of months. One of them was told that Glock was canceling the BL program as of March. Anyone else heard this? I'll probably just go by there tomorrow and talk to them in person. I REALLY want that 26!

H60Gunner

Contributor
I REALLY want that 26!

Why do you like the 26 so much?

As I said in my earlier post, I carry a 27 and like it very much. I bought it without ever shooting one, and since I was doing a lot of backpacking at the time, the weight pretty much sold me on it.

Banjo33

AV-8 Type
pilot
26 or 27...there's really not a whole lot of difference. $2-3/box of ammo, .5 oz of weight total, maybe a SLIGHT difference in recoil. I grew up shooting 9mm, I've already got a .357, 26 is kind of where I settled. If I found a 27 in stock and would have to wait for a 26 to be shipped, I'd probably take the 27. If I've got to wait either way, 26 is probably what I'd order. Why did you choose the 27?

E5B

Lineholder
pilot
Super Moderator
My winter carry is a Bersa Thunder 380 with Crimson Trace grips. It's roughly modeled after the PPK. Great shooter, easy to conceal.

My summer carry is a Sig P238 (380). A little smaller than the Bersa and can fit in the front pocket of slacks/jeans or cargo pocket of shorts. Very nice shooter.

Every once in a while I'll carry my Rossi snub nosed 38 Spl with Crimson Trace grips.

Bevo16

pilot
Now that I have the correct spring on my P-238, I love it. If you go that route, make sure it was "born on" after December 2010 or it has a faulty recoil spring. Sig will send you a new one for free, but it takes them about 2 weeks. My original spring only made it through 60 rounds before failure. The new one is G2G.

E5B

Lineholder
pilot
Super Moderator
Bevo, other than the spring issue, how do you like it for concealed carry? It's a smooth shooting pistol.

Bevo16

pilot
I love it. I just put it in the pocket of my cargo shorts and forget it is even there. The only problem is that since the weight is almost identical to my i-Phone, I have almost pulled a gun on a few people while trying to check out an incoming text message.

Flugelman

Contributor
I love it. I just put it in the pocket of my cargo shorts and forget it is even there. The only problem is that since the weight is almost identical to my i-Phone, I have almost pulled a gun on a few people while trying to check out an incoming text message.

That's OK, just don't pull your I-Phone when confronting a real threat...:icon_tong

gaijin6423

Ask me about ninjas!
With all the crap that I tend to carry around on Munchkin Duty, I had to take a serious look at the specifics of what I was carrying and where. Now, I keep things separate along an admin/reload v. tool basis. Wallet, reload(s) and phone on one side, and pistol and knife on the other. It also helps when I get pulled over for speeding and have to present credentials after getting my legally obligated blurb about permit, carrying/not carrying, firearms in the vehicle, etc out.

Bevo16

pilot
I have not gotten a speeding ticket since I started carrying. It's almost like the cops know that you are the same team and give you credit for telling them what's up and making them feel safe.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
I have not gotten a speeding ticket since I started carrying. It's almost like the cops know that you are the same team and give you credit for telling them what's up and making them feel safe.
Same-o, same-o ... it's all how you 'present' yourself when the trooper walks up. And the 'get out of jail free' pass came from the State 'bull', by the way ... and they NEVER let anyone off ... unless you're a beautiful blonde.

And I'm not ...

Banjo33

AV-8 Type
pilot
I must have talked to the wrong guy, because I found out today that two guys in my squadron bought Blue Label Glocks from them within the last couple of months. One of them was told that Glock was canceling the BL program as of March. Anyone else heard this? I'll probably just go by there tomorrow and talk to them in person. I REALLY want that 26!

Follow up to this post: I met Vick at Vick's Pawn today...real good dude. He's NOT a LE dealer; however, he could get Blue Label's from another LE dealer. His source was recently removed from the Glock Authorized LE Dealer list (apparently the store wanted to also sell Sig, Ruger, etc guns but Glock said no way and removed them). So that being said, the BL program is still on-going. Vick's got a list started with mil/LE folks wanting guns, so he's going to check around to see if he can scrounge some up for us. I told him I preferred the 26, but if only a 27 came along, I'd take it. Hopefully this'll pan out and I'll get the gun I want (at a price I'm willing to pay)!