• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Perfect Score

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crowbar

None
VMIavtr007 said:
tip to all: whoever goes to OCS make sure you work really hard at your run. The course is actually around 3.1-3.2 (well that was what all the priors were tellin us)

This was beaten to death a while back and I don't remember anybody thinking the course was anything other than 3.0 miles. Nobody I went to OCS with (either time) thought the course was anything other than 3.0 miles.
Lots of people see their run time on the initial PFT drop a little and want something to blame it on........thus, the course becomes too long. The most likely reason is that you've just spent 2-3 days in a new environment, getting less sleep and eating differently than you were before. It won't make you lose 4-6 minutes but it will make a difference.

Looey

Is the course on level ground? Does it consist of asphalt grass or something else? Is it extremely hot when the PFT is conducted? The wrong combination of these factors can lead to a very unsatisfactory run time.

Crowbar

None
Looey said:
Is the course on level ground? Does it consist of asphalt grass or something else? Is it extremely hot when the PFT is conducted? The wrong combination of these factors can lead to a very unsatisfactory run time.

That's why it's best to thrash yourself mercilessly before you get there. Prepare for the worst and expect......you know the rest.
I always hear people say "I'll do fine on the PFT unless I have a bad day". Your best bet is to make sure your "rainy day PFT fund" still has at least 250 points in it.
The course is as level a PFT course as I have ever seen. It's part asphalt, part dirt/gravel road.

Status
Not open for further replies.