• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Pensacola: Wings of Gold

Status
Not open for further replies.

NuSnake

hey i cant take credit for it...Gunnery Sgt(Ret.) R. Lee Ermy said it on a morning show in Birmingham, AL one morning and I thought it was great!!! They asked him to tear up their producer who was a former coastie and he happily ablidged

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"
--Edmund Burke

Burner

Originally posted by caruzzo
FYI, since the "Top Gun" program has moved to Fallon Air Station, Nevada and the Navy will be switching from F-14's to F-35's in the year 2010, soon the movie Top Gun will be almost totally inaccurate.
2010? F-35? FYI,The F-14s are in the process of being phased out right now, by the F/A-18E/F. VF-14,41,and 103 have already transitioned. By 2007, all Tomcat squads will be Super Hornet squads.

Rainman

pilot
DUDE!. . it's been posted. . . . F35 to replace F/A 18 A/C/D and AV8B. . .wooooooohoooooooo. .. can't believe nobody is chatting tonight. . I am in a chatworthy mood ..

what can you do

Dave Shutter

I know it's just TV, and bad cable TV at that, but I'm stickler for detail and being a card carrying film geek and life long military aviation buff makes "...wings of gold" just plain painful for me to watch.

Besides the obvious details, my favorites are the dogfight scenes that switch between film, high-res video and co-pilot palmcorder footage of every tactical jet in the inventory when it's supposed to just be Hornets. You can also tell half way through the first season when the money was running out because every episode was the Marines running around the woods. Either escaped convicts, drug runners or lost children somewhere in "P-cola" facilitated the enlistment of local flight students to help the FBI or DEA "crack the case". For FRS students they sure did a lot of other things besides sims and studying.

tali264

or the one where they help find that kid in the woods who was kidnapped, but not really kidnapped, it was just done for the money people donate to help out. LOL

uh...er...uh......not that I've seen it - that was just a guess

jason12

now Burner...that is one cool ass dude lol, and Ice is what all female pilots look like i'm told, soo loks like we're in for some fun in P-cola guys!!!

"IF ONE ADVANCES CONFIDENTLY IN THE DIRECTION OF HIS DREAMS,
AND ENDEAVORS TO LIVE THE LIFE WHICH HE HAS IMAGINED, HE WILL MEET WITH A SUCCESS UNEXPECTED IN COMMON HOURS."

Status
Not open for further replies.