• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Pensacola: Intruder fatally shot

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
http://www.pensacolanewsjournal.com...AID=/20060815/NEWS01/608150321/1006/EDUCATION

Rhonda Eubanks, 57, a Baptist Hospital nurse, was alone at her home on the 100 block of N.W. Gilliland Road, in a neighborhood southwest of Sunset Avenue, Sgt. Mike Ward said Tuesday.

The woman used a .38-caliber handgun to shoot Vincent Demond Wesley, 29, of Pensacola, in the head as he charged toward her, Ward said. Investigators have no evidence that Eubanks had any formal training in shooting a firearm.

The (dead) bad-guy:

312116xn0.jpg

Criminal History:
- COCAINE - POSSESSION
- AGG BATTERY/W/DEADLY WEAPON
- GRAND THEFT,$300 LESS &20,000
- GRAND THEFT,$300 LESS &20,000
- RESISTING OFFICER W/VIOLEN.

Care of: http://www.dc.state.fl.us/InmateReleases/detail.asp?Bookmark=1&From=list&SessionID=153520337

crysmc

MH-60S Pilot Wife
Super Moderator
Contributor
It's interesting that the article states that deputies weren't releasing her name for her protection, yet a few paragraphs above, they gave her name...

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Did you read the comments after the PNJ article???
This is all race related, of course, what else could it be?

What I see is a career criminal who got shot in the midst of a criminal rampage. Sounds to me like the home gun protection system worked.

I really don't care what color his/her skin is...every ethnicity has bad people.

gregsivers

damn homeowners' associations
pilot
Did you read the comments after the PNJ article???
This is all race related, of course, what else could it be?

Supposedly the very first article the PNJ wrote about it continually referred to him as a "black male" numerous times throughout the article. The comments about that were slamming the PNJ for sensational journalism and slanting the article. Nevermind the fact he's a criminal and was shot on his second attempt to break into her house.

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
Awesome. Just bought my wife a nice littel S&W 462 for defence. Moving to Florida as well.

VetteMuscle427

is out to lunch.
None
Hummm... if that guy had come to my place, the title would probably have been along the lines of "Suspect Fataly Shot... over 200 casings from 4 weapons found at scene... suspect removed with snow shovel"

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
This is a classic example of why the distaff side NEEDs to be able to protect THEMSELVES. You cannot always rely on a male companion, the police, or the one thing the criminal fears most --- the omnipotent restraining order --- to protect you .... :)

The old saying goes: God made all men ("modern" update: and women, too :)), but Colonel Colt made them EQUAL ....

A properly trained, equipped, and motivated female will always be able to protect herself ... and those around her, too.

Old NFO

None
This is a classic example of why the distaff side NEEDs to be able to protect THEMSELVES. You cannot always rely on a male companion, the police, or the one thing the criminal fears most --- the omnipotent restraining order --- to protect you .... :)

The old saying goes: God made all men ("modern" update: and women, too :)), but Colonel Colt made them EQUAL ....

A properly trained, equipped, and motivated female will always be able to protect herself ... and those around her, too.
AGREED!!!! That's why both my daughters were taught to shoot at age 11. Both own and shoot pistols today and I have absolutely NO doubt they would have done the same thing, except it would have been the Mozambique drill.:D

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
- RESISTING OFFICER W/VIOLEN.

I was just trying to figure out how you resist arrest w/ a musical instrument. Then I figured it out. Don't laugh, I'm sure it's been done. :)