• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Pensacola for IFS/API

MasterBates

Master's Helpful AW Username suggestions:
1-If you have a fleet callsign.. Use that, unless you are trying to hide. If you are in the fleet, people will figure out who you are eventually.
2- DO NOT put any "rank" in your name.. If you are a Mid, ENS, AG2, AM3, etc.. You won't be forever. Unless it's "Terminal JG" or something like that, and you are.
3- If you are NOT a current or former (note, no future) Harrier, Hornet, Hawkeye, Huey, Phrog etc... guy.. Those should NOT be in your name.
4- Anything derogatory towards a community you may very well be a part of, is right out.
5-Humourous names are encouraged.
6- Plopters may always be made fun of.. Especially by Plopter drivers.

jtmedli

pilot
I lived in Governor's Gate the last 6 months that I was there. I liked it. I had a place right by the pool and the complex is chock full of UWF chicks which is nice. It's about 25 mins to either NASP or NASWF.

TAMR

is MIDNIGHT
pilot
None
Perdido Key. You won't regret it. Use up your 10 days living in the BOQ if you don't want to find somewhere ahead of time. Perdido is close to awesome restaurants and bars, has several grocery stores, and has the awesome view. It's exactly 20 minutes from my condo to NASC where you'll muster every morning. We pay $2500/mo for a 4 bedroom condo right across from Lillians Pizza. Total steal for what we get for living here.

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
General moving tip: scope out an area for what you want to live near. An old CO told me walk to fun, drive to work. Particularly good advice considering the penalty for a DUI. For single or married no children, bars and beaches. For young children, good school and parks.

Being a 5 min drive to work is convenient until its Fri night and you have to pay an expensive cab ride to bring a girl home because plan b was to crash at your friend's place.

fc2spyguy

loving my warm and comfy 214 blanket
pilot
Contributor
Master's Helpful AW Username suggestions:
1-If you have a fleet callsign.. Use that, unless you are trying to hide. If you are in the fleet, people will figure out who you are eventually.
2- DO NOT put any "rank" in your name.. If you are a Mid, ENS, AG2, AM3, etc.. You won't be forever. Unless it's "Terminal JG" or something like that, and you are.
3- If you are NOT a current or former (note, no future) Harrier, Hornet, Hawkeye, Huey, Phrog etc... guy.. Those should NOT be in your name.
4- Anything derogatory towards a community you may very well be a part of, is right out.
5-Humourous names are encouraged.
6- Plopters may always be made fun of.. Especially by Plopter drivers.
I disagree with #2

I lived in a place in the northern region of town called Avalon Apartments. It was a 20-30 minute drive to work depending on traffic, and the apartment was kick ass. A little more on the expensive side for Pensacola though, but if you get roommates it works. I wouldn't really recommend living there if you want to go to bars 4 days a week.

TAMR

is MIDNIGHT
pilot
None
General moving tip: scope out an area for what you want to live near. An old CO told me walk to fun, drive to work. Particularly good advice considering the penalty for a DUI. For single or married no children, bars and beaches. For young children, good school and parks.

Being a 5 min drive to work is convenient until its Fri night and you have to pay an expensive cab ride to bring a girl home because plan b was to crash at your friend's place.

Truth. Seville is a $50 cab ride from Perdido Key one way. Lesson learned. Thankfully, the Florabama is only a $6 cab ride. Plus, I prefer the decor of hanging old ladies undergarments courtesy of Alabama's finest anyways.

WEGL12

VT-28
Appreciate all the advice given about where to live. My main concerns with location are the beach/boat landing, downtown and not a 50 minute drive to base everyday. I might drive down there before I go to OCS in June to get an idea of things. I'm not really worried about it until after OCS but figured I would ask. Once again thanks for the help.

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
You get 10 days of temporary lodging expense. That is plenty of time for you to find out where the hangouts are and find an apartment if you're single.

You get 10 days of temporary lodging expense. That is plenty of time for you to find out where the hangouts are and find an apartment if you're single.
I relied on that, and lost out on about 400 bucks. The TLE apparently only counts when you PCS to Primary

It's foggy now, but I remember being told that I couldn't get the TLE because moving to API was TAD, not a PCS move. Whatever the reason I didn't get any money reimbursed to me for staying in the BOQ on base for a week.

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
It's foggy now, but I remember being told that I couldn't get the TLE because moving to API was TAD, not a PCS move. Whatever the reason I didn't get any money reimbursed to me for staying in the BOQ on base for a week.

Aaaah...got it. I read that as you could only get TLE on your move to Primary and no other moves...sorry.