• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Pensacola aircraft looking to evac?

helolumpy

Apprentice School Principal
pilot
Contributor
Did Pensacola aircraft evac for the hurricane?
If not, is there discussion about getting out soon?
Thanks

VmiMMXI

VT-10 CO put on the command facebook page that all up aircraft are heading out. I know a couple of studs in 86 that are also evacuating some of their aircraft.

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
Lumpy, local press release says that the Wing 6 aircraft (ie. NAS Pensacola) are flying out today. Wing 5 (Whiting) will fly out tomorrow. (Both wings minus any mx down aircraft, which will get hangared.) They're consolidating in a small number destinations, which works much much much much better than both wings cramming in to only one destination (Millington) like we did for Ivan '04. ;)

So far I haven't heard of any mandatory personnel evacuation, either orders from the military chain-of-command or from civilian authorities.

This is my fifth hurricane in my time in the panhandle, and right now I think there is still a wide range of possibilities for this storm from "oh, that was all?" to very bad... but, as most of the forecasters are predicting, I think it will most likely be a medium hurricane when it makes landfall (just Jim's personal opinion).

Wingnut172N

Tumbleweed
pilot
I heard that ~50 T-6's are down for tires and other assorted parts. Where are they doing to stick all those? There isn't that much hangar space at NSE.

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
They might have space at north, and you'd be surprised how many can be crammed into a hangar when they want to.

helolumpy

pilot
Contributor
I'm just trying to figure out of NIP is going to get a gaggle of PPR's from P'cola. If they haven't call yet, then I would expect they are looking elsewhere.
Good to know,
Thanks for the info.

KBayDog

I'm just trying to figure out of NIP is going to get a gaggle of PPR's from P'cola. If they haven't call yet, then I would expect they are looking elsewhere.
Good to know,
Thanks for the info.

The HURREVAC destination list was finalized early this spring (site surveys and base ops/FBO managers were all part of this). Things for Isaac were put into motion Thursday, so if anyone was going there, you'd have known about it then, at the latest.

Now, I know you're only asking because you want to minimize your workload, but if you really want some Clown Copters to show up tomorrow, just let me know what Jax can offer that the others can't. :)

helolumpy

pilot
Contributor
The reason I'm asking is that we've been getting calls all weekend from everywhere from Key West, JRB NOLA and even some Army helos from upnorth that may deploy to support FEMA.
I'm not asking for anyone to come, I just wanted to find out if I needed to make a metric ass-ton of parking available for a bunch of Orange and White aircraft.

I have 200 FEMA managed tractor-trailers clobbering my CALA.... I'm offering nothing but a parking spot.

BUDU

Last we were told, T-6s go to Texas, T-39s go to Oklahoma. Academics and sims will continue as scheduled.

PropAddict

Now with even more awesome!
pilot
Contributor
I has 2 sims get Hurricancelled during Advanced in Corpus in '08. Was pretty bitchin'.