• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

PCS Move Help

I need recommendations. I am getting PCS to Texas for a report date of 14MAR. My wife is going to come with me and we are going to do unofficial house hunting until the 18MAR. After that we are going on Personal Leave for our wedding back in Florida. After the wedding, we are going to DITY move down to Texas via Uhaul and her car is towed behind us. So basically we are doing two ditty moves, first move down there with just my car - second one after our wedding with the uhaul.

Questions:

1. What benefits does my wife have coming down with us after our wedding? Does she have a 3-day travel perdiem. Basically, can we make stops along the way of the second leg?
  2. How do I maximize my DITY move doing this - this is my first DITY move.
  3. Can the TLE that I am going to apply for able to be split up between the several days we are down there before the 18th and a possible addition after we return?
Please send any additional recommendations. With all this happening at once is pretty stressful.

RoarkJr.

I’m not sure if I can answer all your questions but I can share my experience with several DITY (now PPM) moves as a Marine.

For my most recent one, I did sort of the same thing,in that I drove to the new state to check in prior to me actually moving my stuff. What the admin did when I checked in was just say I moved on the paperwork which got my dislocation allowance on its way to me. Once I actually moved my stuff later they added an addendum to the move in the command side. I did the normal PPM paperwork via move.mil etc all sent via email, and that was that.

Should rate TLE, 10 full days at either losing or gaining command area within some amount of miles. You’ll get that back, just make sure you save the receipts. Command admin should process that once you actually move.

When you get your uhaul make sure you weigh it empty first thing, then load it full before leaving if you can. Just makes things go smoother. They should also cover boxes and other moving stuff so save those receipts as well.

Some of that might be different for Navy. Not sure about the per diem, I just did what I needed to and took whatever they gave me.

sickboy

pilot
Is this from API to Primary? A few years ago it wasn’t unheard of for PERS to simply issue an ordmod with API as an I-stop. That messes with your PCS benefits. Have you talked to the PPO yet?

DanMa1156

Is it baseball season yet?
pilot
Contributor
I cannot imagine that with your wife not on your orders, you are going to get any entitlements for her.