• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Pay no attention...Nothing to see here...

usmarinemike

Solidly part of the 42%.
pilot
Contributor
Almost 300 hours and I still have no idea how that finger thing works (what's wrong with doing what is clearly the easiest entry when you get there). Only a little over 40 hours in the Harrier and I already forgot how to do a pencil in the eyeball point to point.

FrankTheTank

Professional Pot Stirrer
pilot
You guys do realize that the different holding entries are only recommended procedures. You can enter anyway you want and the airspace is equally protected on both sides of the holding radial.

To me, there is no such thing as outbound parrallel. It's either direct-ish or a tear-ish drop.

Or just let the FMS do it!

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
... really? no alt holds?

I have about 1500 P-3 flight hours...of that number I would be willing to say that less than 20 are with ANY functioning autopilot component. Altitude hold, heading hold, AOB hold...whatever. I probably used the autopilot in the C-12 more than the P-3...at least I think it had an autopilot. I tried every time...

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I have about 1500 P-3 flight hours...of that number I would be willing to say that less than 20 are with ANY functioning autopilot component. Altitude hold, heading hold, AOB hold...whatever. ...

Wow, in my 3 (inexpensive, tiny A-4C & later) Squadrons, our Auto Pilot systems were kept up at about a 95% rate (an absolute must for 'crew rest' on our numerous weekend, coast to coast cros....er...oh yeah, navigation training flights). Neat APs w/ heading, altitude hold, yaw dampener, & control stick steering (AOB hold).

BTW, back in the day, JP 4/5 cost $0.09 - $0.11 p/g ($6.00 - $9.00 p/bbl) until the meteoric climb started in the mid-'70s! Hard to believe, huh?:(
BzB

Junkball

"I believe in ammunition"
pilot
I have about 1500 P-3 flight hours...of that number I would be willing to say that less than 20 are with ANY functioning autopilot component. Altitude hold, heading hold, AOB hold...whatever. I probably used the autopilot in the C-12 more than the P-3...at least I think it had an autopilot. I tried every time...

I keep hearing the 3P is the autopilot... power source? 2 5-hr energies and a Monster

BTW, back in the day, JP 4/5 cost $0.09 - $0.11 p/g ($6.00 - $9.00 p/bbl) until the meteoric climb started in the mid-'70s! Hard to believe, huh?:(
BzB

That's insane. It's nuts to think how inexpensively fossil fuels used to be produced. JP-5 costs around $4.00/gal today, a 400% increase, and the g(r)as(s) on the other side isn't any greener. Try $15/gal for our A Global Force for
250px-Captain_Planet.jpg

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
What did a gallon of milk cost back then?

Example: 1967.....milk average $1.04 p/g. Only tripled over 45 yrs; big bargain compared to fuel (and most everything else today).
BzB