• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Pay and Expenses at OCS

Status
Not open for further replies.

sirenia

Sub Nuke's Wife
I agree. My SO will have to pay $200 for things such as having guests at Hi Moms and other things that the class collectively buys. He also had to spend nearly a couple hundred dollars for inspection stuff.

Shadow9660

And this (uniform allowance, BAH, etc) is all IN ADDITION to the E-5 pay deposited in your account every 2 weeks correct?, i.e., you are paid E-5 pay on the 1st and 15th throughout OCS?

bennett4362

deployment sucks
Shadow9660 said:
And this (uniform allowance, BAH, etc) is all IN ADDITION to the E-5 pay deposited in your account every 2 weeks correct?, i.e., you are paid E-5 pay on the 1st and 15th throughout OCS?

correct. you'll receive a one time uniform allowance in one of your first payments. then your base E-5 pay, your BAH, and after 30 days, your family separation pay will all be paid together, divided into two payments, the 1st and 15th of the month.

one other thing you should be aware of is if you are off the streets, it will most likely take a month or so for you to get your first pay check. they're a little slow getting things started.

Shadow9660

Which was my point.... Unless you come with nothing in your account, why would you take out a loan for the uniform issue and/or worry about expenses, given that your making more than enough to cover it?

Kycntryboy

pilot
I think there is a certain procedure to follow if your wife comes with you in order to reimbursed for her, I'll have to check a pass thread. Because I think if you/she moves there before your orders, you don't get reimbursed. Something like that.

jg5343

FLY NAVY...Divers need the work
pilot
You are not authorized to move you wife with you to OCS. They will not pay for it. However, they will pay for her to move to your follow on command, with a few exceptions.

ben

not missing sand
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
jg5343 said:
you will alwasy make your base pay, the others are extras

Anybody know if BDCP kids get that uniform allowance at OCS? For some really odd reason I think I read somewhere that BDCP people get it earlier and are supposed to SAVE it. Can anyone tell me what to expect?

jg5343

pilot
In the fleet, enlisted guys get there uniform allowance on the anniversary of their enlistment every year. It is small, but you should get one on top of your initial allotment for clothing in bootcamp. However, since I have been in BDCP I have not received any uniform allowances. As far as I know, you will get your allowance at OCS like everyone else.

http://www.military.com/Resources/ResourceFileView?file=Pay_Clothing.htm

sam3x35

i live with my sister and eventually after graduation i will leave her alone in tx , so would still get paid to cover my expenses to help her out or i will be treated as single.
thanks

EngineGirl

Sleepy Head
cyphertube said:
Ok, here's a doozy.

I'm working on going into BDCP, whereas my wife is applying directly to OCS. Until she goes, I'll get paid married BAH, which covers housing expenses here. I know that when we're both in, we're supposed to each get paid single BAH, instead of married.

While she's at OCS, though, she won't receive BAH. Does this mean I get shafted down to single? (Keep in mind that I'm maintaing a 2-person household.) This won't be too bad on me if I make it to an E-5 paygrade promotion before she goes, but if she goes early and leaves me on an E-4, it'll be tough.

Not sure if this is even an issue, but from what my recruiters told me, when there are two married military personal together, one gets married BAH and the other gets single. I was told at OCS the situation would not chagne.

EngineGirl

bennett4362

deployment sucks
Nile said:
i live with my sister and eventually after graduation i will leave her alone in tx , so would still get paid to cover my expenses to help her out or i will be treated as single.
thanks

i think you would be treated as single. anybody know where we can get the definition of a "dependent" ? i think of it as what you count as a dependent on your taxes (or if you file jointly), but i don't know about that for sure...

jg5343

pilot
EngineGirl said:
Not sure if this is even an issue, but from what my recruiters told me, when there are two married military personal together, one gets married BAH and the other gets single. I was told at OCS the situation would not chagne.

EngineGirl

That is not true. All of the people I knew in the fleet that were married to other military persons did not get seperate BAHs. One of the two got BAH for married/dependent and the other got nothing. Both got BAS. This may be a differnt story if they are not in the same duty area, i.e. not living in the same house. At OCS you will not get BAH if you are not married/have dependents.

If your sisiter is not a 'dependent' then the Navy will not pay you to help her do jack.

sirenia

Sub Nuke's Wife
i think you would be treated as single. anybody know where we can get the definition of a "dependent" ? i think of it as what you count as a dependent on your taxes (or if you file jointly), but i don't know about that for sure...

True. You'd have to be able to claim them as dependents on your taxes.

Status
Not open for further replies.