• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

pay after taxes

Status
Not open for further replies.

navsup

BDCP Supply
I m wondering what other people in bdcp are getting as far as take home pay. I got my first check and it was only $642 Im married with only my wife as a dependent, I signed up for mgi bill, and im enrolled in tricare prime remote. Even with those deductions i was suprised. I thought our pay was 1800 to 2000 a month. anybody else getting similar pay as me?

Penguin

Respect the WEZ
pilot
NAVSUP
I would get a copy of your leave and earnings statement from PSD or, since it sounds like you're not near a PSD, from the DFAS site. (www.dfas.mil) I would bet money that they haven't started any housing allowance for you. The number you mentioned sounds like it could be about right for base pay, but remember, that's only part of your money. Find out if they gave you the BAH (Basic Allowance for Housing) It is dependent upon what your zip code is, and whether on not you have dependents. Many places, the BHA for an E-3 (or are you considered E-4??) with dependents would be close to your $642, not counting salary. Good luck.

LTJG Garrison

erabe07

NAVSUP,
I'd give it until the next pay period. For me pay started the day I signed the enlistment papers, which just happened to be towards the end of august. I got paid a partial pay check of around $600 dollars. By the next pay period (15th of the next month) direct deposit was working and I was getting the full E-3 w/o dependents of ~1960$. You will probably be getting more because you have a dependent. When did you sign your enlistment papers? Penguin is right, you will probably want to sign up for an account on www.dfas.mil so you can check your pay stubs (if you have direct deposit like me it works great).

navsup

BDCP Supply
I took the oath on 0ct 1st so i was told i would get a full check back to that date. Im guessing that they forgot my bah/bas. Im gonna check in monday morning

Penguin

Respect the WEZ
pilot
NAVSUP,
Go to the DFAS site and select MyPay (halfway down on the left) It will prompt you for your social, I believe, and a PIN. Since you won't have a pin, follow the link below that says "Need a new PIN?" I'm not sure if you'll get instant access, but once you do, it's extremely helpful. The Leave and Earnings Statement (LES), if you haven't seen one, should give you all the info you need to figure out why you got paid what you did. Remember, in the military, you get paid after you do the work. So, your 15 OCT pay is for 1-14 OCT. Your end of month (EOM on the LES) pay is for 15 OCT until the last day of the month, etc. I can say after a commission, two changes of station, and one promotion, they will get your pay right, but it may take some time. Be patient and don't give up until you get an answer that makes sense.

Penguin

ben

not missing sand
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I got a MyPay pin in the mail last week. I enlisted (BDCP)at the end of July and got my first paycheck Oct 15. It's kind of a long story but there was a hang-up with my pay so it took me two and a half months to be paid. I'm still waiting for about 60% of the back pay they owe me. The moral of the story is to be patient. As said above, they will get it right eventually. Emphasis on eventually.

If you are persistent enough you can likely get a phone number for the closest PSD office to your location. The people there deal with pay and nothing else - they can help you find out where your money is. Good luck.

JayManC

it took me almost 3 months to get paid, and god forbid you should try to call DFAS to get any information (45-60 min hold times). once i started getting paid it still took about another 1.5 mos before i could view an LES. anyways its straight now but here in Va Beach Va and E-3's bringing down about $960 with no deps, no outside medical, and full TSP contribution.

Status
Not open for further replies.