• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

patch

Catmando

Keep your knots up.
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
An acquaintance of mine who flies 737s for Vietnam sent me these photos of Phuc Yen as it is today. I might have chased some of these MiGs.... or maybe they chased me. Who knows?

Phuc Yen 2.jpgPhuc Yen 4.jpg Phuc Yen 1.jpg

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
An acquaintance of mine who flies 737s for Vietnam sent me these photos of Phuc Yen as it is today. I might have chased some of these MiGs.... or maybe they chased me. Who knows?

Neat pix Cat, thanx for sharing.
BzB

707guy

"You can't make this shit up..."
I am hoping these bits & pieces of the NVN air war are not too boring to the majority of AW members. They are just eye witness observations of NA history from guyz like Catmando, RonDeb, A4s (where U B?), Black Pony & Bart, Ol' BzB & others who were there...that occurred soooo long ago! I know that I always loved hearing real eye witness stories of WWII & Korea (& Mid-east). Much more valid than those of "war historians" who were nowhere in the area or sometimes weren't even born when the events occurred.
BzB

Hell no it's not boring - the more the better! Love hearing these kinds of stories...

flaps

happy to be here
None
Contributor
best thing about the phantom....no friggin' software (well, maybe a few 1's and 0's, but just a few)
6132818294_af726f64d3_z.jpg

Junkball

"I believe in ammunition"
pilot
I am hoping these bits & pieces of the NVN air war are not too boring to the majority of AW members. They are just eye witness observations of NA history from guyz like Catmando, RonDeb, A4s (where U B?), Black Pony & Bart, Ol' BzB & others who were there...that occurred soooo long ago! I know that I always loved hearing real eye witness stories of WWII & Korea (& Mid-east). Much more valid than those of "war historians" who were nowhere in the area or sometimes weren't even born when the events occurred.
BzB

Quite the contrary, this post and those alike are the highlights of Airwarriors. There is not a better source of history than those that did the deed. Posts by you, Cat, Ron, etc generally catch my attention no matter the subject matter. A4s was definitely an opinionated dude but he had a lot of good stuff to say. OCS/flight school info brought me here, but these types of sea stories from our generation's predecessors have kept me as an occasional reader. Hat's off to you and what you accomplished.

Also, flaps, the caption on that picture is fucking stellar

"You'll wonder where the yellow went when you napalm the Orient."