• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Passenger Lands Plane

MrsPickle

MIT- Manatee In Training
Contributor
a King Air is a TC-12 (i.e. what VT35 at NASCC fly), right?

That's pretty f'in cool.

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Reminds me of an incident that happened when I was in advanced in ATU-213 at NAS Chase Field TX in 1958. TV-2 (T-33) cross-country Inst. training flight. NAVCAD (under the bag) rear seat, CDR IP front seat. Starting jet penetration at El Paso N/C realized IP was slumped over unresponsive. He "popped the bag", continued the approach landing safely.The CDR was DOA of a heart attack.
Student was subsequently awarded the Air Medal, probably the only AM ever awarded a NAVCAD.

Moc1Sig

pilot
Contributor
if it was an airbus he prob could have only had to apply brakes. My dad's co-pilot from the other day flew with a capt that went CLT>LAS and touch the controls a total 11secs from take off to touch down (he timed if for curiosity). and people say the Charlie -45 is fancy.

FlyinRock

OMG the ultimate dreaam of most pilots. The Pilot is dead what do we do?
"Uhhh, not to worry I am a qualified pilot and can handle this..."
Glad it worked out well for all involved. Another neat entry in the pilot logbook.
"No shit. There I was ......"

mtsupilot09

"We lookin fo you. We gon find you!"
a King Air is a TC-12 (i.e. what VT35 at NASCC fly), right?

That's pretty f'in cool.

Yes. There are three main variants. 90/100, 200 and 300/350. For someone with their Private SEL, having to fly a King Air would not require much adjustment. Yes, it's faster and it has two engines, but it's definitely manageable. Glad the guy kept his cool and did what was needed. Kudos to the guy for getting it on the ground safely. According to flightaware.com, it was a King Air 200.
AIR_King_Air_350_San_Francisco_lg.jpg

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
The C-12 is basically a 200. The T-44 is pretty much the same as a -90. C-12 was pretty forgiving, ie not a bad plane to have to wing it in.

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
I've got my type-rating in that...always hoping for that day "Is anyone on board a pilot?"

yodaears

pilot
if it was an airbus he prob could have only had to apply brakes. My dad's co-pilot from the other day flew with a capt that went CLT>LAS and touch the controls a total 11secs from take off to touch down (he timed if for curiosity). and people say the Charlie -45 is fancy.

That sounds incredibly boring.

BurghGuy

Master your ego, and you own your destiny.
Glad it worked out well for all involved.
Except for the pilot...

Granted he got to die doing something we can presume he loved. Thoughts and prayers to the family and friends.

In my dream the pilot wakes up after we land.

MattWSU

pilot
Contributor
OMG the ultimate dreaam of most pilots. The Pilot is dead what do we do?
"Uhhh, not to worry I am a qualified pilot and can handle this..."
Glad it worked out well for all involved. Another neat entry in the pilot logbook.
"No shit. There I was ......"

Glad I'm not alone in that dream.

ArkhamAsylum

500+ Posts
pilot
Ya, I think that's just about every pilot's dream. Except that in my version, there are about 80 passengers, two dead terrorists (with their blood on my hands), imported beer stolen from first-class, and some uber-grateful stewardesses.

PropAddict

Now with even more awesome!
pilot
Contributor
Ya, I think that's just about every pilot's dream. Except that in my version, there are about 80 passengers, two dead terrorists (with their blood on my hands), imported beer stolen from first-class, and some uber-grateful stewardesses.

Damn! Yours is better than mine. I'm stealing it.