• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Partial Flight Hours for OCS Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

David_rinderle

Hello all,

I am currently studying and preparing to apply for OCS to hopefully get into the NFO program. I am 29 years old and have a background in Research and Intelligence so I feel somewhat less competitive compared to others. Starting this Spring, I will be working towards obtaining my Private Flying Certificate (PFL), but I don’t think it will be feasible for me to obtain it in time before submitting my application for OCS. I am wondering if having some flight hours, if not the full amount needed for a PFL will strengthen my application? Also, any other suggestions on actions I can take within the next year to make me a more competitive candidate are appreciated. Thanks!

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Starting this Spring, I will be working towards obtaining my Private Flying Certificate (PFL), but I don’t think it will be feasible for me to obtain it in time before submitting my application for OCS. I am wondering if having some flight hours, if not the full amount needed for a PFL will strengthen my application? Also, any other suggestions on actions I can take within the next year to make me a more competitive candidate are appreciated. Thanks!

Flight time / PPL has little to no weight with your application.

Study and do well on the ASTB, that is what’s going to help out best.

Reach out to your officer recruiter for questions, like these, that can be fielded by them.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Hello all,

I am currently studying and preparing to apply for OCS to hopefully get into the NFO program. I am 29 years old and have a background in Research and Intelligence so I feel somewhat less competitive compared to others. Starting this Spring, I will be working towards obtaining my Private Flying Certificate (PFL), but I don’t think it will be feasible for me to obtain it in time before submitting my application for OCS. I am wondering if having some flight hours, if not the full amount needed for a PFL will strengthen my application? Also, any other suggestions on actions I can take within the next year to make me a more competitive candidate are appreciated. Thanks!
Please search the forum before starting a thread to ask a question that has been addressed multiple times here.

Status
Not open for further replies.