• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

PAO DCO Board/Info

Hi all,

Wondering if anyone has any information about the spring PAO DCO selection board?
Information, as in?

According to the board schedule, the DCO PAO Board met yesterday, APR 11. Assuming you got a packet in on time, you can expect to get an answer from your recruiter around the first week of May (give or take).

Last edited:

popeyeschicken

It’s meeting in the spring…

Not really sure what else you’re trying to ask here, on an aviation - centric forum.
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to respond in such a dismissive manner - really appreciate that.

I see that you've been a member of this forum for some time, so I suppose I don't need to route you to the front page of the Navy Reserve section that has all sorts of topics unrelated to aviation, do I?

popeyeschicken

Information, as in?

According to the board schedule, the DCO PAO Board met yesterday, APR 11. Assuming you got a packet in on time, you can expect to get an answer from your recruiter around the first week of May (give or take).
Any info at all.. when it meets (which you've answered, thank you), how many they'll make, turnaround time (which you've answered as well, thank you).

I've been unable to locate the board schedule - or - perhaps, I'm just not looking in the right place.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to respond in such a dismissive manner - really appreciate that.

I see that you've been a member of this forum for some time, so I suppose I don't need to route you to the front page of the Navy Reserve section that has all sorts of topics unrelated to aviation, do I?
Ok, be a dick, be treated like one. Yes, I am aware there is a Navy Reserve section, but do you also see the hundreds of other aviation - related topics and posts.

All I’m saying is your recruiter would have the most up to date info on boards. If you want to learn more about being a reserve pao, ask the people who interviewed you.

I really hope you don’t act this way should you be selected for this competitive program.

Any info at all.. when it meets (which you've answered, thank you), how many they'll make, turnaround time (which you've answered as well, thank you).

I've been unable to locate the board schedule - or - perhaps, I'm just not looking in the right place.
Ok everybody. We’re all having a good time. Only good vibes allowed.

From the docs I can see, the accession goal for DCO PAO for FY22 is 14. Doesn’t mean they will select 14 (though they almost always do select their goal). But nonetheless, keyword is “goal.”

popeyeschicken

From the docs I can see, the accession goal for DCO PAO for FY22 is 14. Doesn’t mean they will select 14 (though they almost always do select their goal). But nonetheless, keyword is “goal.”
Great to know, thank you!

I've seen a lot of variations in how long it takes to hear results (one post on here several years ago said they found out the day after), and who they hear it from. I'm just trying to peel back the curtains just a tad because having no information at all isn't ideal.

I do appreciate your responses!

Great to know, thank you!

I've seen a lot of variations in how long it takes to hear results (one post on here several years ago said they found out the day after), and who they hear it from. I'm just trying to peel back the curtains just a tad because having no information at all isn't ideal.

I do appreciate your responses!
It does indeed vary. I said first week of May, because, from what I have heard from others, they got a response within about 3 weeks. Some can be longer, some can be shorter.

And yes, it can also depend on the recruiter. Documents take a while to get back if you’ve been selected, so there is often no rush to notify you. And, then, of course, if you didn’t get selected there is no rush either.

popeyeschicken

It does indeed vary. I said first week of May, because, from what I have heard from others, they got a response within about 3 weeks. Some can be longer, some can be shorter.

And yes, it can also depend on the recruiter. Documents take a while to get back if you’ve been selected, so there is often no rush to notify you. And, then, of course, if you didn’t get selected there is no rush either.
My recruiter went suspiciously quiet right around the time we (hopefully, they've assured me they did) turned everything in, which was slightly concerning, but maybe that's normal - I assume recruiters are busy people.

That said, I'm not super confident I'd hear from them first. It's a small community, and if it's anything like the Navy I know, people spread new information rather quickly.

exNavyOffRec

Information, as in?

The board was scheduled to meet several weeks ago
1649813118787.png

They FY goal is 14 but the pro Y goal is 21 to pick some for next year and backup for this year, odds are they will pick at least 14 as there was 39+ waiting to be seen by the board. It is a tough board.

FlyingGator

No need to be a dick big guy. He was just saying that why come on AIR warriors to ask a question not about AIR that could easily be answered by your recruiter.

Now that being said, Guru does answer questions very straight forward. But that just because he’s been doing this forever, which makes him a useful resource.

Now, let’s all be friends.

The board was scheduled to meet several weeks ago
View attachment 34859

They FY goal is 14 but the pro Y goal is 21 to pick some for next year and backup for this year, odds are they will pick at least 14 as there was 39+ waiting to be seen by the board. It is a tough board.

Attached is the updated board schedule.

Attachments

• FY22 Board Schedule - Last Updated 31JAN2022.pdf
    148.3 KB · Views: 23