• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

P8 NFO Lifestyle

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
I have so many questions about how those are even closely related

Some MQ-9 units still send guys to traditional flight school. It's a good bet for ANG units that think they may fly a manned airplane again the in future.

But you don't use your MQ-9 hours to get hired. You fly the MQ-9 in the ANG because it's the best quality of life, and allows for the personal time to build hours. Deploy in place, as much title 10 MPA as you want, which means as much time away from the airlines as you want while your seniority builds.

Waveoff

Per Diem Mafia
None
Doesn’t sound like a bad gig for a young single dude. Get your PPL for free then apply to the feeder programs? Or, use your time off to become a CFI and get hours?

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
Doesn’t sound like a bad gig for a young single dude. Get your PPL for free then apply to the feeder programs? Or, use your time off to become a CFI and get hours?
Not a PPL, a multiengine commerical rating. Even better for a married dude with a family. Active Duty, only work 180 days a year (we work a 50% schedule, though it's 24/7/365 shift work) and never have to leave your local ops group if you don't want to. All the while building your time, and working with a ton of airline pilots who freely give the latest gouge.

We have enlisted sensor operators (not just pilots) who are pilots at the legacies, going on 7 years of Title 10 mil leave, watching their seniority rise while sleeping at home every night.

The Guard is flipping the airline hiring model on its head, and it's awesome.

Bad_Karma_1310

pilot
Not a PPL, a multiengine commerical rating. Even better for a married dude with a family. Active Duty, only work 180 days a year (we work a 50% schedule, though it's 24/7/365 shift work) and never have to leave your local ops group if you don't want to. All the while building your time, and working with a ton of airline pilots who freely give the latest gouge.

We have enlisted sensor operators (not just pilots) who are pilots at the legacies, going on 7 years of Title 10 mil leave, watching their seniority rise while sleeping at home every night.

The Guard is flipping the airline hiring model on its head, and it's awesome.
Your still “flying” fucking drones. No thanks.

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
Your still “flying” fucking drones. No thanks.
*You're.

It's not for everyone.

How much ordnance did your community drop last month, year, decade? Mine dropped more, with a much bigger body count. Then I handed off to the next shift, had a couple of top shelf bourbons (from the tier 1 SOF units we sit over top of because you don't have the gas to stick with them) , and then went home and fucked my wife in my own bed.

You think you fly a big dick airplane, but your airplane's dick hasn't done shit compared to mine. But I hope it makes you feel cool to still sit in the airplane. I did that too, I just wasn't as good as landing on the boat as you. Bummer. The airplanes do it themselves now. I'm in a better place.

So go fuck yourself, it's the only option you've got in your rack on the boat.

Yardstick

Is The Bottle Ready?!
pilot
*You're.

It's not for everyone.

How much ordnance did your community drop last month, year, decade? Mine dropped more, with a much bigger body count. Then I handed off to the next shift, had a couple of top shelf bourbons (from the tier 1 SOF units we sit over top of because you don't have the gas to stick with them) , and then went home and fucked my wife in my own bed.

You think you fly a big dick airplane, but your airplane's dick hasn't done shit compared to mine. But I hope it makes you feel cool to still sit in the airplane. I did that too, I just wasn't as good as landing on the boat as you. Bummer. The airplanes do it themselves now. I'm in a better place.

IMG_0842.jpeg

Bad_Karma_1310

pilot
*You're.

It's not for everyone.

I can play video games at home and get the same experience as an MQ operator. You can try to brag about how great your life is, but your still controlling a drone from some conex box or whatever instead of actually flying something.

Does the Navy sometimes suck a lot? Absolutely. But the flying is absolutely amazing and I’m never going to tell kids to not chase their dream of flying in the Navy/AF/ANG to settle for controlling a drone and flying at some awful regional.

FLGUY

“Technique only”
pilot
Contributor
*You're.

It's not for everyone.

Attachments

• giphy.gif
    giphy.gif
    2.1 MB · Views: 27

FinkUFreaky

pilot
Expected to see lots of shots fired after reading the OP; misjudged the target tho.

OP: if it’s not a troll post, recommend not putting free veneers on your motivational statement. And if it truly is one of the main reasons you want to join I’d recommend you also look elsewhere for employment…

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
Hello everyone, I wanted to know what was it that makes the P8 lifestyle or any shore based aircraft so lucrative. I hear people say that can travel to all sort of countries across the world, which is a plus for me. I have heard that on JO tours would be be around 45 hour work weeks. Would that mean they get weekends off? Deployment of course I imagine would have lots of hours, which I am not afraid of. I also understand they get per diem which is a nice bonus. I heard that being a NFO on a P8 is "cake" but am not going to go in with that mentality, but is that just an exaggeration? One of the reasons why I plan on joining the Navy was to get veneers, so would being in this field lessen or improve my odds if I am traveling to multiple bases? Any pros and cons of the shore base aircraft would also help. Thanks

The only thing worse than a Navy doctor is a Navy dentist…