• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

P8 NFO Lifestyle

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
*You're.

It's not for everyone.

How much ordnance did your community drop last month, year, decade? Mine dropped more, with a much bigger body count. Then I handed off to the next shift, had a couple of top shelf bourbons (from the tier 1 SOF units we sit over top of because you don't have the gas to stick with them) , and then went home and fucked my wife in my own bed.

You think you fly a big dick airplane, but your airplane's dick hasn't done shit compared to mine. But I hope it makes you feel cool to still sit in the airplane. I did that too, I just wasn't as good as landing on the boat as you. Bummer. The airplanes do it themselves now. I'm in a better place.

So go fuck yourself, it's the only option you've got in your rack on the boat.
This is beautiful….you need to change your avatar to Les Grossman (Tropic Thunder) yelling into his phone.

JTS11

pilot
Contributor
There are hundreds of AF O-3's working shifts in nuke silos in bum-fuck Wyoming who get to go home and fuck their wife after their shift (packing way more heat than drones ?).

No one really cares.

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot
Some MQ-9 units still send guys to traditional flight school. It's a good bet for ANG units that think they may fly a manned airplane again the in future.

But you don't use your MQ-9 hours to get hired. You fly the MQ-9 in the ANG because it's the best quality of life, and allows for the personal time to build hours. Deploy in place, as much title 10 MPA as you want, which means as much time away from the airlines as you want while your seniority builds.
Get hired by the airlines so you can spend time away from the airlines…

I understand the play, but man- what a weird career path that people have “broken the code” by coming up with ways to spend the first few years of it doing… something else.

FLGUY

“Technique only”
pilot
Contributor
Get hired by the airlines so you can spend time away from the airlines…

I understand the play, but man- what a weird career path that people have “broken the code” by coming up with ways to spend the first few years of it doing… something else.
Watching your seniority go up whilst piloting a cool military plane on some long-term orders would sure be the best way to take the sting away from the occasional BS of military life.. THAT is cracking the code.

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot
Watching your seniority go up whilst piloting a cool military plane on some long-term orders would sure be the best way to take the sting away from the occasional BS of military life.. THAT is cracking the code.
I totally get it. I have friends who have taken advantage of things like this. But to me there’s always been a funny side to “getting out” and getting hired and then disappearing back to your old military job.

No judgment, just makes me chuckle.

FLGUY

“Technique only”
pilot
Contributor
I totally get it. I have friends who have taken advantage of things like this. But to me there’s always been a funny side to “getting out” and getting hired and then disappearing back to your old military job.

No judgment, just makes me chuckle.
Ah, I see you point. Fighting tooth and nail to escape the “pain” of the military just to walk right back into it voluntarily.