• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

P-8 Selection

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
I hate it. It doesn't sound good, and I remember one of the first lessons I learned in grammar school was not to start a sentence with the word "and."

xj220

Will fly for food.
pilot
Contributor
He also had little short T-Rex arms, so he had no real recourse short of throwing shit at me like a monkey.

I sat in an E-2 once and it was tight for me, how did you do it? I figure T-Rex arms would be at home in one.

gotta_fly

pilot
My IFS instructor started every radio call like that. Naturally I copied him and didn't realize until later how stupid "...and... Bay Minnette traffic..." sounded. For the record he was a retired P-3 NFO.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

MasterBates

I sat in an E-2 once and it was tight for me, how did you do it? I figure T-Rex arms would be at home in one.

Sit in one with gear on.. Even short dudes usually have to have the seat kind of far back or they get the yoke in the gut if you go anywhere near full deflection. It's roomy compared to a 60.

Pistol719

Will Over Skill
pilot
Contributor
Just skimmed through this since the O.P. was from a year or so ago, and noticed some talk from the FO side of the house...

I am about to wing in a few weeks out of SNA (BTW the M from what I understand was a Air Force idea) advanced. From what we hear we are told the day before or the day of winging who will be going P-8's but as of right now the slots are still very limited so it has been only 1 or 2 per class.

HokiePilot

pilot
Contributor
That "...And" shit is contagious..

Never did it in 2000 hours of flying from Civ to VTs to HTs to RAG.. Flew with a HAC who did it.. Next thing you know the 2Ps are doing it to mock him, then we're doing it without realizing it.

Had a 3P fresh out of the RAG in VAW, who started that shit.. I hit him with the checklist every time he did it. Which was comical when flying FCLPS.

(non flying pilot in hummers does the traffic radios.. flying pilot is on squadron tac)

3p "Aaand 601, Abeam, Gear, 11.8, Bates"
THWAP.
MB "Stop that shit"
3P "nd 601 Hawkeye Ball, Heavy, Bates"
THWAP.
MB "Stop that shit, and that's why you have your energy state fixed on the start"
3p "Why"
MB "So you can smack 2Ps who make you sound like a fool at the boat and still get an OK"

Unfortunately, the training command discourages us from hitting the students. I had a student say roger wilco on the radio last week. I almost jumped out of the helo right there.

MasterBates

It's a little hard to beat students from the back of the Goosehawk or Weiner.. Now, the 44 and 57.. Very easy. Therefore regulated.

Then again, a SNA is far more likely to be a little more receptive of what an IP is saying, vice a nugget who "knows everything because he used to be a AW"..

statesman

Shut up woman... get on my horse.
pilot
Just skimmed through this since the O.P. was from a year or so ago, and noticed some talk from the FO side of the house...

I am about to wing in a few weeks out of SNA (BTW the M from what I understand was a Air Force idea) advanced. From what we hear we are told the day before or the day of winging who will be going P-8's but as of right now the slots are still very limited so it has been only 1 or 2 per class.

Did they just add P-8 to your dream sheet?

When I went through they asked you VP or VQ, and then you found out right at wings. I assume now you can put VP (P-3), VP (P-8), and VQ.

Is that accurate?

jtdees

Puddle Jumper
pilot
The five choices for dreamsheets in Corpus, at present:

Jacksonville - VP (P8)
Jacksonville - VP (P3)
Whidbey - VP
Whidbey - VQ
Hawaii - VP

Granted, the recommendation is to not put Jax P3, because if you get Jax you'll be going P8, at least under current understanding. They will tell you P8/P3 at winging, not sure when you find out about VQ (maybe that means I didn't get it). There's still another selection a little after halfway through the RAG, so final assignment for P3 VP is still undefined until then.

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
The five choices for dreamsheets in Corpus, at present:

Jacksonville - VP (P8)
Jacksonville - VP (P3)
Whidbey - VP
Whidbey - VQ
Hawaii - VP

Granted, the recommendation is to not put Jax P3, because if you get Jax you'll be going P8, at least under current understanding.

Hahahahahahahahahahaha.

statesman

pilot
Granted, the recommendation is to not put Jax P3, because if you get Jax you'll be going P8, at least under current understanding. They will tell you P8/P3 at winging, not sure when you find out about VQ (maybe that means I didn't get it). There's still another selection a little after halfway through the RAG, so final assignment for P3 VP is still undefined until then.

So let me get this straight... If you get Jax you're 100% getting to fly P-8?

statesman

pilot
That will become an option unexpectedly when I plant a 737 through the runway at KNIP. Then we will all be flying out of Cecil. After a 3 week hiatus because we aren't prepared for the Cecil DET.