• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

P-8 Selection

eas7888

Looking forward to some P-8 action
pilot
Contributor
It was great to poke around a brand new aircraft. It still had that 'new plane' smell. The technology in the front and back of the aircraft was pretty enjoyable to see. Certainly a step above the T-34.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
Yes, no pictures though. New car smell, awesome flight deck, and plenty of room in the back to throw a kegger for your favorite friends while en route.
All good, but does it have a flushing shitter or does the junior e still get to dump the piss tube?

Also, was the FE mafia on the ramp sticking pins in P-8 voodoo dolls?

PropAddict

Now with even more awesome!
pilot
Contributor
All good, but does it have a flushing shitter or does the junior e still get to dump the piss tube?

Also, was the FE mafia on the ramp sticking pins in P-8 voodoo dolls?

The one I toured had a weird naval-ized toilet. It was a toilet, but I don't think it flushed like an airliner toilet. I think it's closer to a porta potty with an overboard discharge hookup. But this was a VX bird, so maybe the production ones are different.

There were lots of derisive looks passed down on P-8 from the FE's. In fact, I didn't see a single one at the rollout. . .

wlawr005

pilot
Contributor
Flushable shitter included. No beds/racks though, only two first class-style chairs that recline.

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
hopefully i can just be a reserve bum and avoid this P-8 contraption altogether.

PropAddict

Now with even more awesome!
pilot
Contributor
There may not be any racks, but there is so much room in the tube that you could set up a cot/airmattress/ hammocks, hell probably even a Murphy bed. And you'd still have room to play football back there.

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
Maybe the wing will actually let pilots fly it places outside 350 miles of KNIP.

statesman

Shut up woman... get on my horse.
pilot
The first class chairs are supposed to nearly fully recline.

Two problems I see:

How much effort are we going to put into fixing those seats when they start to break?
Who gets the second seat? I know TACCOs that are already trying to lay claim to the unused seat. The company line among Single Anchors in my squadron is that they are for pilots only. Doesnt matter if they aren't / can't both be utilized at the same time.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
The first class chairs are supposed to nearly fully recline.

Two problems I see:

How much effort are we going to put into fixing those seats when they start to break?
Who gets the second seat? I know TACCOs that are already trying to lay claim to the unused seat. The company line among Single Anchors in my squadron is that they are for pilots only. Doesnt matter if they aren't / can't both be utilized at the same time.
That argument is still around? We settled it this way in both my squadrons: if the length of the flight required 3 pilots and 2 FEs, than the bunks were reserved for them. If the flight time was less, they were first come first served among the entire crew. The pilots and FEs would complain that "by NATOPS, they're for us" yet they could never find that written in the manuals.

Of course I was a crew holding MC since the day I first became a TACCO so I just told the pilots and FEs to fuck off and did as I pleased when they started whinning.

robav8r

None
Contributor
It's already been established that the A/C can fly itself in almost every flight regime and . . . without the need for an FE. The reclining seats SHALL be used by the TACCO and whomever else he/she sees fit for mission planning, movie watching or NFO crew rest :)