• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

P-8 overshoots runway in K-Bay

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
Fuuuuuccccck you can already see the corrosion

Looks like it’s in pretty good shape considering… I don’t know much of anything about aircraft salvage but I have full confidence that if there’s an obscenely expensive way to repair compared to purchasing a new one cheaper while having a greatly reduced service life with limited use (first 65hr HONA P-8?) they’ll go for it because of different pots of money and all that.

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot
I always wondered (and still do) why someone who controls the pots of money from the top can’t see that and say “hmmm… maybe take a little from column B and put it into column A to save and be more effective.”

But that’s probably why I’m not in charge of anything.

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I always wondered (and still do) why someone who controls the pots of money from the top can’t see that and say “hmmm… maybe take a little from column B and put it into column A to save and be more effective.”

But that’s probably why I’m not in charge of anything.
Usually because it's not allowed, most often because Pots A and B aren't owned by the same organization, and other times because you can't move money between budget line items without Congressional approval.

AIRMMCPORET

Plan “A” Retired
Usually because it's not allowed, most often because Pots A and B aren't owned by the same organization, and other times because you can't move money between budget line items without Congressional approval.
The problem’s always seem to track back to congress.?

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
That's super cool. Crazy that it took that long to complete the extraction.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
My next door neighbor just came home from a long vacation in HI and said he saw the plane. I think he meant in the water, but I don't know. But that checks out now that I see this.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Any of the locals know how much water was still in there when it came up on the runway? I'm sure some of it drained, but I'm guessing there had to be a significant amount of weight still in the pressure vessel.