• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

P-8 overshoots runway in K-Bay

Meyerkord

pilot
I noticed that too. Absurd. I was airborne doing approaches in Kona when it happened. Both of our pilots are VP guys and we all started getting texts about it. Pretty crazy. Hope they're able to get the field open soon.
Technically the field is still open for helo and V-22 ops, but closed for FW traffic. NOTAM says until 08 Dec but I'm sure that will change.

RWY CLOSED TO FIXED WING OPS. MV-22 OPS LAND ON RWY AT ECHO OR
DELTA. HELO OPS TO 101 PAD APPROVED. 21 NOV 03:23 2023 UNTIL 08 DEC 09:00 2023.
CREATED: 21 NOV 03:23 2023

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor

Attachments

• beardplane.png
    beardplane.png
    420.7 KB · Views: 38

number9

Contributor
The comments on twitter are disgusting. Nearly half the comments are blaming stupid shit like pronouns, DEI training, and women pilots.
What do you expect? That's what their media spoon-feeds them as being "the truth"...

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
If it's not sensitive information, why not?

If so, I'll just STFU.

Just a guess- the 737 optional front door slides/rafts are an extra maintenance cost for something that is overkill for the crew size. They’re probably fine with a .mil version of the overhead stored rafts in the ceiling.

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
At least the NAS Jax pax got a smooth $2500...

View attachment 39312

The Navy contracted with a bottom of the barrel company and got what they paid for. Those pilots were fucking morons. Landing on the short wet runway with a honking tailwind during a storm instead of flying 5 more minutes to JAX. They’re lucky they only got everyone’s dog killed…

GroundPounder

If you're asking whether there is provision for crew egress and water survival, the answer is yes.
I was wondering specifically about the slides. Given Zippy's answer and giving a little critical thought, it does make sense that it might be better to leave it off given the need to only evacuate a small number of fit and trained people vs a plane load of all types of ages, shapes and sizes.