• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

P-8 fires Harpoon, hits big orange net.....

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
The mighty P-8 hits another milestone, in this case a big orange net/screen with a Harpoon. Frankly, I just thought the pic of the 'hit' was pretty cool......

thumb_B_A_graphic_Harpoon.jpg

Fog

Old RIOs never die: They just can't fast-erect
None
Contributor
Too bad they couldn't have used it on that North Korean freighter down in Panama. Just sayin' . . .

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Too bad they couldn't have used it on that North Korean freighter down in Panama. Just sayin' . . .

Maybe if it had been seized 'down under' it might happen, again. The RAAF put two 2000lb bombs into this North Korean ship three years after they seized it when they caught it involved in drug smuggling, and after chasing it for four days. As the official RAAF news release put it, 'Smack, bang, gone':

05--Pong-Su1.jpg

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
Maybe if it had been seized 'down under' it might happen, again. The RAAF put two 2000lb bombs into this North Korean ship three years after they seized it when they caught it involved in drug smuggling, and after chasing it for four days. As the official RAAF news release put it, 'Smack, bang, gone':

"Smack Bang Gone"....is that like "Bang Ding Ow?"

xj220

Will fly for food.
pilot
Contributor
I like how they had to label the "before" and "after" pics, as if it wasn't obvious enough.

PropAddict

Now with even more awesome!
pilot
Contributor
To be perfectly honest, the hits on that low-cost, reusable floating target (or whatever it's called now) are spectacularly underwhelming. To most people, if you say you're gonna hit a target boat with a missile, they expect flames and twisted metal, not a 12 inch hole in some netting. . .

Renegade One

None
To be perfectly honest, the hits on that low-cost, reusable floating target (or whatever it's called now) are spectacularly underwhelming...
Arguably yes. But I expect that this test firing was more about weapon system/weapon interfaces; weapon release and launch verification, and successful fly-out/end-game engagement than it was about "Bang Ding Ow". Pretty sure that will all come later...

Ah…bungled news story humor…I can't get enough of it...;)

Hozer

Jobu needs a refill!
None
Contributor
can't believe we're still shooting 'poons. what a pos.... make that a non-discriminatory pos.

helolumpy

Apprentice School Principal
pilot
Contributor
Now if we can convince our enemies to have a big orange net on their ships, we'll be all set!

CommodoreMid

Whateva! I do what I want!
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
. . . . the bane of every upgrading TACCO. The seeker comes on when ???

Words cannot describe how happy I am there's no more fucking HACLCS panel in the P-8. I could never believe we had a system where you no shit counted the seconds when a light came on, went off, then came back on again. Fortunately being a over a year from P-3s those are some penguins that have been drop kicked off the iceberg.

PropAddict

Now with even more awesome!
pilot
Contributor
can't believe we're still shooting 'poons. what a pos.... make that a non-discriminatory pos.

They're gonna be around for a long time, too.

When the whole world goes digital, sometimes the guy with the analog missile has the advantage. . .

xj220

Will fly for food.
pilot
Contributor
Is that like "in the world of the blind, the one-eyed man is king?" Haha