• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

P-3 2nd sea tour

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fredster809

I know carrier guys do a sea tour then shore duty then a disassociated sea tour(Cat officer etc.". What are the options for P-3 NFO's second sea duty???????? Is it back to the squadron or something else????????

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Both Pilots and NFOs in P3s following their first shore tour go to a disassociated sea tour (TAO, CAG Staff, ANAV, Shooter...), there are also a few slots to go back flying in P3s for that sea tour.

Fredster809

I know this is way on the future, and I don't even know if I can get P-3's but.......... Is it possible to have that dissasociated sea tour(if not back flying in the squadron) in Jacksonville if your shore duty is there. I want Jacksonville, but more importantly I want to try and set myself up to move a slittle as possible. I already have 10 years in before OCS, and would love to stay in one place. Do you know what platforms/duty stations traditionally have the best chance of not moving much(I realize this all hurts my chance of becoming an Admiral)???????

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
You can try and get a carrier out of Mayport... No flying there though for disassociated, only Hawaii and Maine for that type of tour.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
No flying there though for disassociated, only Hawaii and Maine for that type of tour.

There are not many slots there though....

Fredster809

Thanks for the info, hopefully this premature retiring of 1/3 of the P-3 fleet won't hurt my chances too much. It will still be over 2 years before I go to my first squadronm so we'll see. I did the carrier thing before and I can do it again no problem, but with a kid on the way I want to try and get P-3's.

Status
Not open for further replies.