• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Oxygen Masks

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I appreciate the quality of responses again. Pretty damn impressed with the speed of the responses too.

I agree with the cool style points. Not the reason I was questioning the placement of the mask. I am an AF guy that will be flying this bad boy soon and this was just something that I couldn't visualize as I day dream about my future flights. Makes sense where it is kept since the profile is usually below 10k. (Didn't know that either.)

That answers it for me. Thanks again.

We aim to please here at AW. Oh, and sorry about the Air Force thing.;)

Zbone8762

So on C4202 (I think?) you will probably get fire light followed by smoke/ fume elimination - then the mask is on and, SHIT, the fumes won't clear...Better open the canopy (In December). So you fly a HAPL w/ the canopy open in december and freeze your ass off. That was the extent of the oxygen mask usage from me...

xmid

pilot
Contributor
My 4202 was literally on the coldest day yet of the year. It was below freezing on the ground. My onwing had me don the mask and pop the canopy north of I-10 and fly all the way down to barrin using the EPL with the canopy open... It took me all day to get warm...

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
My 4202 was literally on the coldest day yet of the year. It was below freezing on the ground. My onwing had me don the mask and pop the canopy north of I-10 and fly all the way down to barrin using the EPL with the canopy open... It took me all day to get warm...

Your instructor was probably colder in the back. Throw those guys a bone. They have to do it over and over. You did it once.

xj220

Will fly for food.
pilot
Contributor
I flew a couple times with the canopy open. Awesome experience, even more awesome doing it in Las Cruces in January at 9000 ft and putting it into a slip to lose altitude, directing all the cold air at my instructor. Ahhh, good times.

xmid

pilot
Contributor
Oh I know he was definitely cold in the back, but as he told me hes used to the cold in his country...;)

RunninUte

Ute Nation
Went pretty well, knew we were going to get hit with the 5 am brief. Oh well at least we probably get that monday off after the superbowl

edit* Looks like you guys have a six day weekend? :)

xj220

Will fly for food.
pilot
Contributor
Wow, more time for me to not study. I'm enjoying this now because I know when EPs hit it'll hurt again.

incubus852

pilot
I shove mine into the map case and close the case, don't need that thing dangling anywhere imo.

Yea, and that way it doesn't manage to slide all the way back to your instructor's rudder pedals when it falls off that piece of shit clip during PAs and FOD up his pedals... whoops.:eek:

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
I don't think I wore the O2 mask more than once (the 4202 hop of course) throughout primary

john1513

AK or bust.
pilot
I think for me it was two times - the 4202 and one of the BI flights.

Also, I don't know about flying in December, but Corpus + July + 94 F = HUGE relief when I opened the canopy.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
I think for me it was two times - the 4202 and one of the BI flights.

Also, I don't know about flying in December, but Corpus + July + 94 F = HUGE relief when I opened the canopy.

No kidding.....high work wasnt too bad but those 4100 and 4200 block low work flights did get hot