• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Overweight

Status
Not open for further replies.

D-man

Does anyone know what happens if I show up at MEPS a little bit overweight? I recently got a ProRec for SNA and have been doing PT like crazy. However, I'm 5'11" and been stuck at about 205 lbs for a long time, no matter how much I run. The PRT is not a problem for me at all (85pu, 95su, 10:00).
Will I lose my ProRec if I can't get down to the max weight (196)?

Any suggestions?

robv182

Gotta have the Nutz
None
If you are not within the weight standards they will take a body fat measurement and as long as you are under that you will be ok.

Hey I had a prob with that...was same height as you, then 210 at end of junior year. Started running 5:30AM for 30 min., played B-ball for 2 hours every other day, ate really really bland stuff, and my b.p AND weight are plummeting. Now I'm at 190. So it could be what you eat, not exercise, because until I changed eating habits I was stuck at 205 too.

jaerose

Definitely pay attention to eating habits, but if you're fit and you like how you look, then just have them take a bf measurement. I'm 5'9" and if I weigh the top limit of 188, then that means my bodyfat will be a 6% or less, so just 'cause you're heavier doesn't mean you're any less fit. I carry a lot of muscle on my frame, so no matter what I'm going to be at the upper end of the limit.

JR

robv182

Gotta have the Nutz
None
22 is the max per Navy Regs, but you will be put on a PT program. 21 and under will keep you off the PT program. Those are the fleet standards, but I am not sure about what you need prior to enterring a commissioning program.

jaerose

It's pretty difficult to not make Navy standards. You'd have to go out of your way to sit on your booty and eat a lot of junk.

JR

Status
Not open for further replies.