• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Out PRT for OCS

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattlowery

Anyone know what the Out PRT minimums are to get out of OCS?? I've seen a few different things, but not sure if they are correct. Also, where are most people getting their "Navy blankets" to take to OCS with them?? I think I've seen this requirement on a few lists and not too sure what it is. And one more thing, will the Navy reimburse for storage costs that were paid while at OCS and API??

Thanks,

Matt L.

Redline

Check out the OCS website under "Physical Training" section.

http://www.cnet.navy.mil/nascweb/ocs/ocs_phystraining.htm

Here's the link to the "Physical Training" page, the information about the PRT is at the bottom. I don't know about your other questions.

Jeff29

Science Project
Matt,

Your recruiter should really be helping you with that kind of stuff.

I think the Navy should pack your stuff and store if for you while at OCS and then deliver it to you when you're done (at least that's what they did for me).

If you've already stored it, I think they will reimburse you (not sure how the process works) and they will pay you if you want to move it yourself.

unfUSN

Matt - Please feel free to call me at work and I'll send you some stuff you need to know and have for OCS.
I am out of town untill next Mon, but I'll call you back if you leave a number.

ENS Payne 1-800-999-NAVY X134

rowingfool

Same question about the "navy type" blanket needed for OCS. I was wondering if it's absolutely necessary, and if so, what's the definition of a "navy type" blanket?
-Feb 9th OCS candidate

mklepac

I asked my recruiter about the navy type blanket yesterday. He said it's a grey wool itchy blanket. I doubt that it's required but i'm gonna take it along. I think some people try to sleep with that instead of messing up their sheets so they can make their bed faster.

Best of luck this weekend! I'll be following you on Feb 23!

Mike

Paul Burke

Those gray wool blankets are itchy but if you wash them a few times they lose the itch to them and become a lot softer.

Ed Williams

How are you gous doing. It seemed just like yesterday that i asked the same question about the navy type blanket. The answer to that is don't worry about it. If you bring it to OCS, it will be either confiscated or you will have to take it to a car. My advice is if you are flying down (ie. you don't have your own car) don't worry about the blanket. If you do have your own car then bring one and leave it (any blanket will be fine) in the car until week 5. Any other questions, feel free to ask.
ed

EODDave

The pastures are greener!
pilot
Super Moderator
Ed or anyone,

What is the pace for the group runs in morining PT when you first get to ocs? Also, what pace do they increase to while at ocs?

Dave

mattlowery

i read in a booklet that it starts at a 9 minute pace and goes to 8 minute pace, not bad. I am just worried about the freakin situps. I am gonna have to bust my ass to get to 87 situps. for some reason, i have the hardest time after about 50 of them.

Matt L.

gt0767a

As for the group runs. You will start off at a slower pace so the slow people (ie. me) don't fall out. They will pick up as you go along in training. As for the situps, you will improve whether you want to or not, so I wouldn't worry too much about it except to come in with more than the minimum standards. As for the blanket, don't bring it on the first day, and you will have the chance to get one while you are here. Somehow my class ended up coming out of the first week with extra blankets (I think that was because our rooms were freezing the first week).

If you have any questions, I will try to answer them when I have time.
Best of luck,
OC Felice

Ed Williams

If you go into OCS in good running shape (i.e. running a sub 10:00 mile and a half, you will have no problem with that aspect of it. I was "lucky" enough to be the guide for my class and had to take our flag on every run, it wasn't a problem. The only running events that i found to be difficult were the ability group runs. Basically they break OCS up in to ability groups and then try to make you beat your time. THey were very challenging, and a pain in the ass to be honest. My advice, run hard now, get under a 10:00 on the in and you should have no problems.
ed

Status
Not open for further replies.