• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Ouch! ASTB retest

Stretch32

Well I got my ASTB retest scores back today:

OAR:50
AQR:7
PFAR:8
FOFAR:7

These scores seem very poor given the fact I studied 3 weeks prior to the test and and really buckled down 1 week before leading right up to it. I have taken this test in the past, about 5 yrs ago and didn't even study when I went to take it. Those scores were:

OAR:52
AQR:6
PFAR:7
FOFAR:6

I felt great after retaking. I felt the test was a breeze compared to my study program and that I had done very well. I finished every section and even got more reading for my suplement (one of my strongest subjects). Is this odd? I was already at a disadvantage given a poor college GPA (2.25). Do I even stand a chance with these scores? Anybody else ever done worse the second time around or gotten SNA with scores like these? I'm getting short on time due to being 26 so I'm running out of options to go Naval Aviation.

Stretch

MasterBates

Apply.

The chance you have if you don't is right about 0%.

The chance if you do, is somewhat greater than 0%

gdd05

Your ASTB scores are pretty solid. Plenty of guys get in with those stats. However, your GPA is not really that competitive. What is your major? If it is technical, the Navy might weigh that in (I am not current on this info). Don't get down on yourself because you didn't score a 9/9/9. It's really no big deal. Remember, it is a aptitude test. It is meant to accurately gauge your potential success as an aviator. The degree to which the previous is accurate is debatable.

Thisguy

Pain-in-the-dick

These scores seem very poor given the fact I studied 3 weeks prior to the test and and really buckled down 1 week before leading right up to it. I have taken this test in the past, about 5 yrs ago and didn't even study when I went to take it. Those scores were:

It may not seem like a huge improvement, but adding 1-pt in each section (especially since the max is 9) is pretty good. Don't sweet the 2pt difference in the OAR, as that's on a different scale.

Stretch32

My degree was not a tech degree (business). I've been told I needed at least an OAR of 55 and at least 6's for everything else to be "competitive" with a poor GPA. I really felt I had scored better on the OAR than I did. I know it technically is a passing OAR but I think 50 means you just make the cut. With a lousy GPA I really need to do better than just barely "make the cut." I'm applying again and will take the test again in 30 days. After that I'm done due to being out of time (I could take the ASTB once more after this because my first score was from an obsolete version apparently). Any other thoughts? Thanks.

Stretch

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
I know plenty of people who have picked up SNA w/ worse ASTB scores than those. Like was said before, a one point improvement is not something to scoff at. If there is anything in your package to make you uncompetitive, it would be your GPA. The real question is if your good ASTB scores will balance out your poor GPA. I would say that you have a shot, and recently they have been hurting for pilots. Apply

johnnyboy07

I felt great after retaking. I felt the test was a breeze compared to my study program and that I had done very well. I finished every section and even got more reading for my suplement (one of my strongest subjects). Is this odd? I was already at a disadvantage given a poor college GPA (2.25). Do I even stand a chance with these scores? Anybody else ever done worse the second time around or gotten SNA with scores like these? I'm getting short on time due to being 26 so I'm running out of options to go Naval Aviation.

Stretch

dude, just apply. While I'm not applying for SNA, I'm pretty sure from what I've seen on AW that it is a statistical fact that those who apply have a 100% better chance than those who do not. If you do not get it, then re-take the ASTB and improve your OAR, but your AQR, PFAR, and FOFAR are solid scores.

Just submit your package and have a few beers while you wait.
Good luck.
:icon_zbee

PRINCEJUDE

Your GPA is not that good but I suggest that you apply. The worst they could say is NO. Again, I suggest that you start doing your masters degree. Take a couple of classes and add it to your package and you will be fine.

Stretch32

Alright, my Letter of Reconsideration went out this morning along with a revamped Motivational Statement so now its time for round 2 (Round 4 if you count that shot at BDCP and the Naval Academy). Thanks for the feedback everybody. We'll see what happens at May's Board.

Stretch

Trev82

pilot
getting in

I definitelyed recommend you apply as you can see my gpa is low, but i was still selected....only one way to find out