• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Osprey TH-57 pipeline

Birdog8585

Milk and Honey
pilot
Contributor
Can anyone give me a narrow ballpark figure on how long it will take to complete intermediate/tilt syllabus in Corpus? Getting a lot of conflicting gouge around the squadron.

mmx1

Woof!
pilot
Contributor
FYI- starting this summer, V-22 guys will go to Whiting first, then to VT-35.

I thought the new deal was you'd stay where you are initially(i.e. Corpus to VT-35, Whiting to the HT's), instead of PCS'ing the Whiting guys out and back as they'd done before.

smittyrunr

pilot
Contributor
I thought the new deal was you'd stay where you are initially(i.e. Corpus to VT-35, Whiting to the HT's), instead of PCS'ing the Whiting guys out and back as they'd done before.

Nope- I think June is the start date. It would definately cost less PCS-wise to keep people where they are.

Birdog8585

Milk and Honey
pilot
Contributor
Wow that's awesome! That's the whole reason I was asking, the moving situation. My wife and I are starting to think about how we wanted to do it since she is in school here.

I always wondered why they didn't do that anyway, it makes way more sense. I mean trust me I would've like the double dipped DLA but what a pain in the ass.

ChunksJR

Retired.
pilot
Contributor
I guess they'll be doing instruments in Helos then? Can't imagine doing nvgs without some instrument training...

Birdog8585

Milk and Honey
pilot
Contributor
I guess they'll be doing instruments in Helos then? Can't imagine doing nvgs without some instrument training...

What about all of the instrument time that they just added to intermediate/tilt in corpus? Would that get cut back again if this is the case?

Edit: Just talked to my HT IP neighbor - confirmed osprey syllabus change inbound soon

Flying Low

Yea sure or Yes Sir?
pilot
Contributor
New change that came out today for V22 guys. They removed the following flights:
C4390
C4401 (Solo)
C4501-3
N4502-4
The also extended N4501 to 2.0 for the time.