• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OSH Heritage Flight

yak52driver

Contributor
This was one of the most amazing flights I've seen. Thanks to those of you who flew them back in the day.

Attachments

• heritage 3.jpg
    heritage 3.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 83
  • heritage 4.jpg
    heritage 4.jpg
    122.3 KB · Views: 78
  • heritage 2.jpg
    heritage 2.jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 73
  • heritage 1.jpg
    heritage 1.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 90

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
The scooter is the plane from that era I'd most like to fly, but the Phantom wins hands down as the one I enjoy watching fly.

It reminds me of the muscle cars from that era...big, ugly, smoky, and inefficient, but powerful and loud as hell. Cool pics.

badger16

None
I am so bummed I am missing this years show. It looks like it should be a great one! Don't for get to head down to the Acee Ducee for a couple of cold ones with all your favorite airshow friends!

yak52driver

Contributor
I am so bummed I am missing this years show. It looks like it should be a great one! Don't for get to head down to the Acee Ducee for a couple of cold ones with all your favorite airshow friends!

It has been a good show this year. Yesterday was our stand down day and we didn't fly in the show, I am very glad I got to see those jets flying. I got to talk to the F-4 pilot for a while, very interesting. He said he rotates at 150, and lands at 150 plus 1 or 2 kts for every 1.000 lbs of fuel he's carrying. (You guys who have BTDT please correct me if I got the numbers wrong.) I've got some more pictures of him rolling out with the chutes inflated behind. It was impressive to hear him in burner. Very cool...

HuggyU2

None
It's "Collings", not "Collins".
Unfortunately, they managed to jettison the F-4's rear canopy on Thursday.
The A-4's were a hit, as were the other jets.
I also got to fly in the back of the Alpha Jet. Look for pics coming up in Warbird Digest.

yak52driver

Contributor
It's "Collings", not "Collins".
Unfortunately, they managed to jettison the F-4's rear canopy on Thursday.
The A-4's were a hit, as were the other jets.
I also got to fly in the back of the Alpha Jet. Look for pics coming up in Warbird Digest.

How was the Alpha jet? I saw it flying and have always liked how it looked.

HuggyU2

None
How was the Alpha jet? I saw it flying and have always liked how it looked.
I have flown it 7 times, and it is a great performer,... much more than the L-39, which I also like. The only downside is that it is built for shorter pilots. I'm only 5'10", and I wish I could push the pedals further forward.
It is the best private jet I've ever flown.