• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Orion Obsession; giving it up for the mighty P-3C

NavAir42

I'm not dead yet....
pilot
I've heard of that one but have yet to actually see it. We have a Nav that will be helping calibrate the MAD boom here pretty soon. I need to see if we can get the Thor sledge hammer from the framers to make it that much more special.

NavAir42

I'm not dead yet....
pilot
We almost had a TACCO get punched in the face last time I saw that. The look on the 3P's face was priceless though. I really wish we would have had a picture or video.

PerDiem

Look what I can do!!
I've heard of that one but have yet to actually see it. We have a Nav that will be helping calibrate the MAD boom here pretty soon. I need to see if we can get the Thor sledge hammer from the framers to make it that much more special.

it's more fun with the vacuum cleaner :D

Short

None
No pictures of you guys knocking the gear out of battery? I'm beginning to wonder if that's part of your PQS.

Spot

11.5 years and counting boat free

Might I also suggest an OTPI op-check the next time you use 62's. (They give off a stronger signal than the 53's when they are being carried around the plane during preflight).

Short

None
Basically, you wait till either a bunch of jets are waiting to launch to actually make their range time, or you wait until they are on final and minimum fuel, and then float down half the usable runway, wait until you're right before the gear, and then stomp on the binders. At that point, said jets either get to sit in the hold short for another twenty minutes or, if airborne, get to execute an emergency divert.

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
This is alternated with the pointy nose FAG technique of having a "gear malfunction," drop your slightly less than operable plane on the runway, drag non-spinning metal pieces down the runway, and gouge it precisely at the intersection of both runways so as to make the entire airfield unusable for a day....and then force EVERYONE to divert for the night...

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
Collecting Per-Diem

No good P-3 thread is complete without a shout-out to collecting per-diem...nothing better than making money on the golf course at K-Bay:

30OCT09302.jpg

Pickle

Short

None
Not a big fan of the dudes who take a trap without prior coordination, but;

1. That was a Prowler, which has a proud, bulbous nose.
2. It was executing an emergency procedure to keep from skidding off the runway, not someone who is capping off their three hours in the pattern by f'in up the gear.
3. There are no pointy nosed Fighter Attack guys at Whidbey...pointy nosed Electronic Attack Guys are different.

And finally, Merry Christmas to everyone who braves the skies over KNUW in winter-time, as the weather last week was so shitty I'd like to turn Christmas into a fly day just to get airborne in VMC.

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
Not a big fan of the dudes who take a trap without prior coordination, but;

1. That was a Prowler, which has a proud, bulbous nose.
2. It was executing an emergency procedure to keep from skidding off the runway, not someone who is capping off their three hours in the pattern by f'in up the gear.
3. There are no pointy nosed Fighter Attack guys at Whidbey...pointy nosed Electronic Attack Guys are different.

And finally, Merry Christmas to everyone who braves the skies over KNUW in winter-time, as the weather last week was so shitty I'd like to turn Christmas into a fly day just to get airborne in VMC.

Would that make them E-FAGs?! :icon_smil

Oh I kill me...
Have a good Christmas!

Short

None
Your head's a big candy shell...hell, forget it. May Santa come driven by four bladed propellars, so I may know him by his smoky engines, and his painfully slow and non-standard radio comm. May he use beta to land on my roof, and may all of his elves change into khakis and come into the Officer's Club in groups of thirty or more, and all look to pay their checks with credit cards the moment they see me push away from the table.

Happy Holidays

NavAir42

I'm not dead yet....
pilot
Your head's a big candy shell...hell, forget it. May Santa come driven by four bladed propellars, so I may know him by his smoky engines, and his painfully slow and non-standard radio comm. May he use beta to land on my roof, and may all of his elves change into khakis and come into the Officer's Club in groups of thirty or more, and all look to pay their checks with credit cards the moment they see me push away from the table.

Happy Holidays

Always knew Santa was a Patrol guy.