• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Orders??

cameron172

pilot
We are hoping they are processing everyone's medical who will be reporting in June first and then process the September group last. This is probably just optimistic desperation but it makes sense.

Everyone who is still waiting on orders has already been medically cleared. I stopped trying to make sense of the ways of Bupers and the detailers long ago.

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Go early. Get a June date. Do not delay. You will not regret it.

ajohn921

pilot
None
I have an estimated detach date of June 11, but I can report any time between June 8-15. I want to try to take a few days of leave en route but well see. Does anyone have any advice from API grads about benefits of going down at the beginning of the window vs. toward the last date of report?

JD858

"Panda"
pilot
Thanks for the info. Nobody from my school has orders yet and we haven't even heard possible dates. I'm still waiting on my medical to clear as well but it's nice to hear orders are being released. I did request the end of August for my report date but I'll just have to see if Big Navy thinks my reason is good enough. For the people who already have orders, did any of you request later report dates?

Out of 7 of us commissioning late june that are Cola-bound, just about all of us requested sometime in September. Detailer told us that we had a halfway decent chance of getting that, as the pipeline is likely bound to be slowed down by the time we get cut orders. Don't know how much help that'll be to you though, as I am pretty sure we are the last round of commission-ees for the school year cycle. Basically, we've all be told to "wait and see", but no one has gotten orders as of yet.

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
I have an estimated detach date of June 11, but I can report any time between June 8-15. I want to try to take a few days of leave en route but well see. Does anyone have any advice from API grads about benefits of going down at the beginning of the window vs. toward the last date of report?

There are zero benefits of showing up early in the report date window vs. later. You are just going to check in, muster in a pool, and show up on whatever the next checkin date is to do all of your admin. A week isn't going to make a difference. Take the time off if you want it and have the leave to cover it.

cameron172

pilot
I have verbals from the detailer for 21 September but haven't seen them on Bupers yet. Apparently, they're closing down the API pool for some time during the summer for maintenance...so I'm told to expect to be in A-pool for a little while they clear out the back up from the pool closure.

gparks1989

pilot
Contributor
I have verbals from the detailer for 21 September but haven't seen them on Bupers yet. Apparently, they're closing down the API pool for some time during the summer for maintenance...so I'm told to expect to be in A-pool for a little while they clear out the back up from the pool closure.

What date did you request?

Hawk12

None
Got my orders last week and commissioned yesterday, same as everyone else above: No earlier than June 8th, no later than June 15th.