• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Orders??

NavyNukeNFO

FY09 NFO Selectee...turned FY12 CHOP
I think that wlawr500 is like me in that when we were enlisted in the fleet, if you were 6 months from PRD and you hadn't called the detailer..you were behind the curve and someone would be asking soon why not. This was so that you wouldn't leave and have your wife be the man of the house and take care of what we should be taking care of as the husband. I have had many moves in the Navy and this is my first with a family...and it is more stressful. No pref treatment needed, just think I am trying to make it as easy as possible for my wife and 10 week old.

Given said that, it is part of the growing process of moving to aviation I guess as it seems to be a common thing to only have 2 weeks to move your family. I have also learned that you don't call the detailer in aviation...I guess that is a no no. Also something TOTALLY different from being enlisted. I knew being an officer would be different, but it is a lot more difference then I originally anticipated.

It is good to have you guys to help give guys like me direction. At this point, they could send me next week and I would be ok with it. I just want some orders so I can get to this awesome land of golden wings and flight suites I keep hearing about.

wlawr005

pilot
Contributor
You will be able to call the detailer later in your career, but at this point it's useless. He is moving every graduate from the Academy, ROTC, and OCS around the country now. Unfortunately, you fall in a large category for this particular move and your not going to get much leeway when it comes down to report dates. It's a big boat to be in.

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Okay, look: you've fallen through the trap door. You're not in the Fleet anymore, you're in the weird sub-space of TRACOM, and up is down, black is white, dogs and cats live together. Don't assume anything works like it did when you were an E, and don't assume it'll work that way after wings.

From now until you finish the FRS, you're an item number in the production line. You are not handled any differently than Ensign Single Guy straight out of USNA. You will be detailed according to where the navy needs you to go, and if they want your input, they'll ask you.

Wife will need to handle the moves, most likely, as well as every other thing for the next couple of years. I'd advise having a come-to-Jesus discussion with her at some point, where you tell her she's effectively a single mother for the time being and you two figure out how that's going to work.

Yardstick

Is The Bottle Ready?!
pilot
In other news, me and one other sna just received orders today finally...report no earlier than 27 may, and nlt 3 june...looks like i'll be down there at the same time as starflight and others

Funkbass796

Any May grads receive your orders yet or heard any dates?

Three of us commissioning in May are designated SNA. However, two of us (myself included) are waiting on NAMI to "OK" our medical stuff. The other has received his orders to report June 15th, which we are also expecting, but we won't receive orders until after NAMI is finished with us...whenever that will be.

ajohn921

pilot
None
Funkbass, youre in the opposite situation I'm in. I got orders two weeks ago for a June 15 date, four of my classmates are waiting for NAMI to clear them. Word from our ADMINO via the detailer is theyre trying to get a lot of ROTC grads to Pcola in June since most Academy mids will likely still be on leave, so if youre cleared in the next three weeks chances are high you will go in June

ac2NASTY

AC -> OC -> O3E
pilot
Thanks for the info. Nobody from my school has orders yet and we haven't even heard possible dates. I'm still waiting on my medical to clear as well but it's nice to hear orders are being released. I did request the end of August for my report date but I'll just have to see if Big Navy thinks my reason is good enough. For the people who already have orders, did any of you request later report dates?

Funkbass796

Nasty,

All three of us requested September 28th hoping to be stashed at our unit. Our ADMINO pretty much told us there's no way that would happen.

ac2NASTY

AC -> OC -> O3E
pilot
Nasty,

All three of us requested September 28th hoping to be stashed at our unit. Our ADMINO pretty much told us there's no way that would happen.

Did you have a reason? I explained my situation (wife finishing school, me needing to be daddy daycare, etc...) and showed I had a reason rather than just wanting to be stashed all summer. That said, I won't be upset with the earlier orders as we have plans for whatever the Navy has to throw at us. It would just make life easier, ha!

GoPack3790

pilot
Just got my medical stuff cleared today....hopefully will be hearing orders soon. About how long from getting medically cleared does it take to get orders?

cameron172

pilot
Only three guys out of eight or nine at our unit have received their orders, not including me. I also requested September because of a mission trip in July I was going to borrow leave for. Not sure if I should count on reporting in June or if the detailer will have mercy and give me September.

ac2NASTY

AC -> OC -> O3E
pilot
I checked last Thursday with our unit's Admin and none of us aviation guys even have a cleared medical yet. We are hoping they are processing everyone's medical who will be reporting in June first and then process the September group last. This is probably just optimistic desperation but it makes sense. Then again if it makes sense the military wouldn't have any part of it, ha! Regardless of when I report, I just want to know.