• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Orders Requested - STA-21

k_smittay

I had just heard a dirty rumor that they had off until the 7th, which is unfortunate, because I start checking out on the 7th, which might be hard with no orders yet. But I don't think anyone has orders yet.

How do you check out without orders?!

ELT(SS)

Just hope nobody asks any questions, and hope they eventually come in. Either way I want out of rotating shift work asap to get back into a normal routine.

erelislt

I had just heard a dirty rumor that they had off until the 7th, which is unfortunate, because I start checking out on the 7th, which might be hard with no orders yet. But I don't think anyone has orders yet.

Who is off until the 7th?

OneBadSSS

FY08 STA-21 Pilot Selectee/Currently at ODU
I heard bupers is

I find it very hard to believe that the ENTIRE command is on leave at the same time because they have to have some kind of duty sections and watches and things like that. Even back at service school the barracks and school houses has watches posted 24/7...

68 Chevelle

MM1 Nuke->FY08 STA-21 NFO Selectee
Just hope nobody asks any questions, and hope they eventually come in. Either way I want out of rotating shift work asap to get back into a normal routine.

I already tried this at our work, it won't fly! Thats why I'm taking HHLV to get out of the shift work, then starting checkout after that. I have been waiting on the medical stamp of approval since the 5th of DEC though. I'm just hoping to have orders by the time my HHLV is over on Jan 21st so I can start my checkout then. ELT(SS) What date do you want your transfer date to be? I can't immagine that we will be authorized more than 30 days transfer leave, so the earliest would be Jan 17th right?

k_smittay

Hey did anyone else's STA-21 physical placement info change to reflect this?..

Order Requests
Order request information not available.

It showed my orders requested at 18DEC, but now it shows nothing? Hmm.. :confused:

Lucky3

P-8 Driver
pilot
I called down to BUPERS today to see what the status was for our orders. Most everyone was helpful and understanding why I called (we are all set to leave in less than a month). The Chief in charge of writing our orders said she saw the requests for the first time today. She said they were just starting to work on them and expected them to be done within two weeks. She said the biggest hurdle is that some of the schools aren't getting their start dates to BUPERS. Because of this they are writing all BOOST with follow on to NSI orders first. Those of us going to BOOST should have our orders in the next 3-4 business days. After that it is all up to if your school of choice has cooperated yet. Hope this answers some questions

Lucky3

P-8 Driver
pilot
based on my communication with BUPERS I assume it is because your school hasn't provided the proper dates they are starting classes for the semester you are starting.

k_smittay

based on my communication with BUPERS I assume it is because your school hasn't provided the proper dates they are starting classes for the semester you are starting.

It is ok now, the STA-21 website fixed itself and reflects the orders request again. That darn website is like a roller coaster, up and down. I wish it would work with a little more frequency.

F14Flier7

I just called Ed about the dates and orders... He just told me that the Chief that Lucky is talking about expects orders to begin being released today (so on the website Monday?). I'm feeling a bit on the edge sitting here at The Ohio State University on House Hunting Leave waiting for these darned orders to finally show up...

user2176

STA-21 Core Selectee FY08
Contributor
I just called Ed about the dates and orders... He just told me that the Chief that Lucky is talking about expects orders to begin being released today (so on the website Monday?).

You all are just messing with my/our emotions! Yes! No! Today, two weeks! :icon_tong

We'll get 'em when we get 'em. I just hope it's before the 15th of Feb.:D

Anyone else over here in Europe? I'm looking forward to trying to get commercial airline tickets to coincide with the arrival of a MAC flight ;)

EM1toNFO

Killing insurgents with my 'messages'!!
None
So, my next logical question is.. Which schools are and which scholls aren't cooperating with getting them their dates? If I knew I had an issues, I'd march 15 minutes down the road to the school and knock it out...

Licarias

I basically never post here, I just kind of browse around for information but I am just curious what I can do to get my move together before I have orders. Im stationed up in WA and Im goin to college down in SC. I'd like to help my wife move to SC but from what I'm seeing (Two more weeks for orders) that might not be an option if I cant get some of the paper work done ahead of time. Thanks for any advice.

F14Flier7

So, my next logical question is.. Which schools are and which scholls aren't cooperating with getting them their dates? If I knew I had an issues, I'd march 15 minutes down the road to the school and knock it out...

I know what you mean EM1, I called Ed asking the same question. I asked Ed about the date situation that the orders were waiting on and if Ohio State had responded with the dates. When I inquired about getting the dates for him or giving contact information; he told me there was nothing I could do and the date is not the start of any specific term. Maybe it has to do with the funding/financial information for the Navy to pay the schools? Not a clue as to what the "magical" dates were.