• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Orders for OCS

Esko

This really is for prior enlisted folks. I received my acceptance letter for OCS in Nov, to classs up 25Jan09, and I still haven't received my orders to transfer from my current duty station in Japan.
Does anyone know of the OCS detailer I can contact to know what's happening?
I need atleast a few days of transfer leave but seems that I will not be granted considering I have only14 days from today to report date.
Anyone who can help?

SWCS242

SWO in-training
I can't answer your question, but good luck because I am in the 25 Jan class, hope to see you there!

bb1125

None
I was in Japan when I got picked up and had the same problem. Don't know if you're single or not, but I had a wife and two kids, so that compounded the stress of the situation. I recommend just getting your CCC or chain of command involved to find out when you can expect orders.

My CCC at the time was useless, so I contacted a buddy that was a detailer at the time and he put me in contact with the detailer that was writing the orders. My XO also got involved and used his connections at BUPERS to speed up the process. I ended up getting my orders about 3 weeks prior to my report date. I barely had enough time to get checked out and make sure my family was taken care of (they ended up leaving a week later than me).

I flew back to the states a week prior to reporting in order to get over the jet lag prior to starting OCS. I recommend doing the same if possible. Jet lag at OCS would not be a good thing. If you don't see orders within the next couple of days, I would consider trying to get your date pushed back. Good luck at OCS.

Esko

To SWCWS, do you already have your orders? Are you enlisted or civilian??
To bb1125, I wish I recieved my orders 3 wks prior; that would have been more than enough time to pack-out. I have exactly 13 days today, and still no orders!

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor
To SWCWS, do you already have your orders? Are you enlisted or civilian??
To bb1125, I wish I recieved my orders 3 wks prior; that would have been more than enough time to pack-out. I have exactly 13 days today, and still no orders!
You need to take this up your CoC stat.

DeeDub

Looks like we'll be in the same class, Esko. I haven't received my orders yet. I am prior enlisted and am not sweating it.